• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Cats and Dogs on Aircraft Carriers Thread . . . with F-16 insanity!

Did it happen? An F-16 trapped??\

• Yep, real deal.

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Nope, you are high.

Votes: 74 49.0%
  • I think it was on JAG....

Votes: 58 38.4%

• Total voters

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i've seen the T-2 and the B-52 was on the news also. the sad one about the T-2 was that the rear seater tried to eject and ejected right into the deck. I've seen the prowler one but didnt know it was a chief but he survived that. probably seen the 53s touching but cant remember it

TANGO 1

Contributor
O.k there is one that happend a while ago, when a back seater ejects for no apparent reason, or this one where the pilto did a barrel roll and the back seatter a newby thought they were going to crash and then ejected.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The JAG ep was an F-117. Regardless, no F-16 landed on a carrier.

Anyway, yeah, that video of the guy getting sucked into the intake of an A-6 or EA-6, I can't remember...is on the Naval Safety Center site.

KEEP VOTING

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
rare21 said:
i've seen the T-2 and the B-52 was on the news also. the sad one about the T-2 was that the rear seater tried to eject and ejected right into the deck. I've seen the prowler one but didnt know it was a chief but he survived that. probably seen the 53s touching but cant remember it

Ejecting upside down that close to the deck... he was dead either way, unfortunately.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
TANGO 1 said:
O.k there is one that happend a while ago, when a back seater ejects for no apparent reason, or this one where the pilto did a barrel roll and the back seatter a newby thought they were going to crash and then ejected.

that was in a Tomcat and it was flying a VIP, when they went inverted, the genius in the back seat thought the ejection handle between his legs was a hand hold, oops

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TANGO 1 said:

If you're talking about these....

the latter was some O-6 shoe getting a free ride in a Tomcat. IIRC, when they went inverted, he reached for something to grab hold of to support himself...he chose poorly. There was an article (with pics) in one of the recent Approach mags.

the former, if its the one i'm thinking of was in an F-4...and the GIB ejected both aircrew....speculation abounds about that one.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TANGO 1 said:
so zab, where did you get the F-117 story. Try to look for the 16 one as well !

Some web episode guide. Thats the one, with the 117. The ANG guy was messing with you.

TANGO 1

Contributor
well, lets see who will come up with some solid information on the site.

you right. I read that from the Approach. The second was at a Marine Squadron, and he ejected only himself.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Uh....
the burden of proof is on you....
so how about you come up with some solid information stating it DID happen.

and hearsay doesn't count

TANGO 1

Contributor
well,
zab thought i was blowing smoke up his 6 and he started the whole thing. I will try and get something but i could care or less

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
An event of this magnitude would be analyzed and re-hashed for YEARS afterwards. It would be a legendary story of the gulf war. AF planes simply do not land on aircraft carriers. If it had, the Naval Safety Center would no doubt have an article (at a minimum) about how it went down. Guys going through Aviation Safety Officer's school would have to review it as a case study. Not to mention the fact that the flight deck video would be all over wardrooms (bootleg), 'collector's videos', and the damn discovery channel. There is no feasible reason for an AF guy to go sea-ward to land on the boat in that scenario.