• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

THE DEBATE, round 1

THE DEBATE: Round 1 ... WHO "WON" .. ???

• SENATOR McCAIN

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • SENATOR OBAMA

Votes: 26 24.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random8145

I think McCain lost big time on the economics/tax portion of the debate; he seriously needs to bone up on that issue. On the foreign policy portion, I thought he out-debated Obama fine. But the thing is, is that the economy is on everyone's mind as of late, so that is an important issue.

McCain also should have specified exactly why he went to Washington and how Senator Obama was supporting a plan that, how it is written right now, would be a huge cheat on the American taxpayer. There is already corruption in it, as there is a provision for ACORN in the bill.

I have read somewhere (although I don't have the link) that historically, if the Democratic candidate was not ahead of the Republican candidate by at least ten to fifteen points in the polls by the end of August, that they have never won the Presidential election, so I am hoping that holds true.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I don't think he needs to justify going to Washington at all...that's his job, and last I checked he's still on payroll as a US Senator. He did what he thought he needed to do.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't think he needs to justify going to Washington at all...that's his job, and last I checked he's still on payroll as a US Senator. He did what he thought he needed to do.

Your grasp of Senators McCain and Obamas' role in the bailout package is laughable and only makes you look stupid for praising one candidate and chastising the other. Neither senator is on the committee that is putting the bill together. Their only role in the passage of it will come when it is their time to vote for it along with the rest of the Senate.

Suspending his campaign was nothing more than a political move. If it was so important and he was actually a key figure in the bill, he wouldn't have suspended it for a grand total of 2 days or what-have-you... seeing as the bill hasn't been finalized or passed yet.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We'll agree to disagree on that one. I've been to UPenn, Princeton, and Cornell. The only one where people didn't blatantly look down at me for planning on going into the Navy was Cornell. The kids at Penn and Princeton were d-bags.

You sure it wasn't you?

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
At least he had the guts to suspend his campaign and eschew the debate until a package was complete. I'm just glad he didn't go to the debate with no bailout agreement complete.

Edit: Forget that. I've just been told that despite him saying that he wouldn't debate without a bailout package finished, he still went ahead.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You know that for sure? There is some doubt floating around out there but don't take my word for it.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_Barack_Obama's_GPA_in_college

For law school, yes. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School. Whatever you may think of the the man, that is quite an accomplishment for one of the premier law schools in the country. As for Columbia, maybe he was just emulating the current President. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.