• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

THE DEBATE, round 1

THE DEBATE: Round 1 ... WHO "WON" .. ???

• SENATOR McCAIN

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • SENATOR OBAMA

Votes: 26 24.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AJB37

Obama made a speech and I'm paraphrasing him....but he said something to the effect that "today is the day that the oceans start receding, and we start healing the Earth"....
those columns at Invesco Field, Denver.. were styrofoam BTW.

I don't know the context of the qoute, but it sounds like he could be talking about global warming... and I would hope those columns were styrofoam because I think it would cost a bit much to make them out of marble...

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That sounded like sarcasm to me, which is funny considering how often you've referred to snopes as truth.

I don't have a problem with him citing Snopes at all. It is his allusion questioning the loyalty of sitting Senator to this country.

For what it's worth be he right or wrong at least we know without doubt where the current Presidents loyalties lie. :) http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

Sounds like most liberals when they don't agree with something that is counter to their point.

And I find it both disgusting and sadly amusing that some would try and besmirch people who don't agree with them as unpatriotic, or just subtly suggest it.

And quit assuming things about me, unless you think some random internet postings are the measure of someone.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I don't have a problem with him citing Snopes at all. It is his allusion questioning the loyalty of sitting Senator to this country.

And quit assuming things about me, unless you think some random internet postings are the measure of someone.

I'm not assuming anything, just saying what it appeared to me. If that's not what you were saying then that's my mistake for misinterpreting your post, but a two word answer is pretty hard to interpret any other way.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor

What's wrong with questioning the loyalty of a junior Senator?

I can think of an instance where we should have questioned the loyalty of a Major General.

This guy.

200px-Benedict_arnold_illustration.jpg

Redux

What's wrong with questioning the loyalty of a junior Senator?

I can think of an instance where we should have questioned the loyalty of a Major General.

This guy.

You mean the guy who actually spent his formulative years elsewhere, spent years with a radical preacher, buddied up to a known domestic terrorist, has a business associate in jail, supported ACORN despite their record of voter fraud? WTF is wrong with you? Oh yeah, did I mention that he mentioned he was black just to set the deck that anyone who doesn't agree with him is a bigot?

Raptor2216

You mean the guy who actually spent his formulative years elsewhere, spent years with a radical preacher, buddied up to a known domestic terrorist, has a business associate in jail, supported ACORN despite their record of voter fraud? WTF is wrong with you? Oh yeah, did I mention that he mentioned he was black just to set the deck that anyone who doesn't agree with him is a bigot?

Hey what's wrong with you? How dare you bring up such points...don't you know you are asking VALID questions? We can't be doing that around here! I think you should just go inflate your car tires some more so that you can enjoy 100% better gas mileage...ohhrah? :D

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor

Nothing wrong with me. Read the post again. I think it's fine to question his loyalty with his background.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
You forgot, he's a veteran and POW so anyone questioning him is anti-military and hence anti-American, and she's a woman so anyone questioning her is a sexist pig.
:)

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Sounds like a rhetorical flourish out of President Reagan's style of speechmaking or ads. "It's morning again in America....."

Yeah, you are right. I guess it really is over the top when compared to these scenery pieces:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9906E2DC1E30F930A15752C0A9659C8B63

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353541,00.html

;)

David Axelrod borrows a lot of the same rhetorical devices as Lee Atwater.....but make no mistake. Sen. Obama is no Reagan.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A-a-a-a-a-a-a-and .... we're done for now.

The "poll" came out roughly 3-1 in favor of Senator McCain -- kinda what I expected, considering the audience is heavily weighted toward professional military officers and those who want to be members of the "club" .... and the "rest of you" .... I just don't know .... :)

Keep your powder dry for the upcoming VP Friday Night Fights ... even though they're goin' down on Thursday ... :D

"My" thread; "my" poll.

Closed and locked.
:)

lockedcc3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.