• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6B Texan II enters service at NAS Whiting

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Was he pukin' ??? Looks like he's pukin' ... sure looks that way ... yessir ... ARE THEY BOTH PUKIN' IN THE SECOND PICTURE ??? Sure looks that way ... yessir .... yesssssir ... :)

doge.jpg

dogsn.jpg

Kycntryboy

pilot
God Bless Ben.... and his gouge. You know your putting out some good stuff when the IP's and the students are studying the same things gouging up for the flight. Know the guy himself, awesome dude.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
God Bless Ben.... and his gouge. You know your putting out some good stuff when the IP's and the students are studying the same things gouging up for the flight. Know the guy himself, awesome dude.

I think it would have been awesome if he showed back up to instruct in the T-34 and someone referenced his website . . . :D

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Liking the open main gear doors on that first picture. And agree with above, it actually does look pretty sharp. Probably because it's a brand spankin new plane. Either way.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor

Are those really the main gear doors open? Doesn't look quite right. Looks like only one on each plane, but that could be the angle. . .

Furthermore, why would they just have the doors open? Gear following shortly after picture snapped?

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Are those really the main gear doors open? Doesn't look quite right. Looks like only one on each plane, but that could be the angle. . .

Furthermore, why would they just have the doors open? Gear following shortly after picture snapped?

Yeah, its the angle that makes it look like one door. This picture was just before the gear doors go up at the very end of the cycle. If it had been taken right after the gear handle was thrown to lower the gear, you would see the nose wheel door open as well.

If you look on the left aircraft (#010), you can just barely see the bottom of the rear door peeking out from underneath the front door (relative to our viewpoint). Look carefully, you'll see it.

If you look at the attached picture (I know its Canadian, but its the only one I could find that shows the main gear doors down), you can see what the gear doors look like. After a day or so, the hydraulic pressure decreases to the point the main doors slowly lower.

Attachments

• ct156-02.jpg
    ct156-02.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 59