• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 20 April

n0rthstar

you may have not seen the post I am speaking of as it was many months ago, however SWO filled their quotas for FY 20 much earlier than they thought, so those that were selected on the last board that should have been filling the remaining FY 20 spots were getting dates in FY 21. If past history tells us anything it would be reasonable to believe that the board will be more competitive.

Exactly this. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see selection rates eerily similar to the Feb. board that threw everyone for such a loop.

you may have not seen the post I am speaking of as it was many months ago, however SWO filled their quotas for FY 20 much earlier than they thought, so those that were selected on the last board that should have been filling the remaining FY 20 spots were getting dates in FY 21. If past history tells us anything it would be reasonable to believe that the board will be more competitive.

Are you a board member?

exNavyOffRec

Are you a board member?
god no lol

It is just that SWO has gone through this several times, if you look at the info previously sent out that you can see the direction this was going, even before the stay home directives. This time it appears they are learning from when this happened before, which should lessen the effect, last time was bad, real bad.

LouisLu

BlueEyesWhiteDragon
There is no “June board”, only “April and August”. So only two boards combined together and I believe it would be 400-500 applicants in total. And the August board will be picking “FY 21” only not “FY 20/21” or “FY 21/22”. So perhaps the quotas available would be similar to the November 2019 board. So probably 200-250 slots. 200-250/ 400-500 = 40%- 62.5% acceptance rate. I would say slightly better than the Feb 2020 board.

n0rthstar

There is no “June board”, only “April and August”. So only two boards combined together and I believe it would be 400-500 applicants in total. And the August board will be picking “FY 21” only not “FY 20/21” or “FY 21/22”. So perhaps the quotas available would be similar to the November 2019 board. So probably 200-250 slots. 200-250/ 400-500 = 40%- 62.5% acceptance rate. I would say slightly better than the Feb 2020 board.

I really hope you're right!

god no lol

It is just that SWO has gone through this several times, if you look at the info previously sent out that you can see the direction this was going, even before the stay home directives. This time it appears they are learning from when this happened before, which should lessen the effect, last time was bad, real bad.

lol, I had to ask. I asked Mr. Celestin if they went over the quota for FY20 and he said no, that’s why I asked he said they went over the shipping quota (don’t ask me what that means)

LouisLu

BlueEyesWhiteDragon
lol, I had to ask. I asked Mr. Celestin if they went over the quota for FY20 and he said no, that’s why I asked he said they went over the shipping quota (don’t ask me what that means)
Yeah I believe they already used up the FY 20 quota. So actually it could be better off for those on April board to be moved to August because probably most of us would be rejected in April board lol Its interesting to see that August 2020 board is a brand-new “FY 21” only board. Just like the November 2019 board.

exNavyOffRec

It is a terminology thing, what they will do is if they select too many they just push their OCS dates to the next FY, so they never technically go over the quota, they can however over-select at a board, IWC was well known for this for years.

April is historically used to pick the current and next FY, the one before that often either Dec or Jan is used for current FY for most of the picks as Dec/Jan is when the hard quotas come out now there are some for the next FY such as those who grad in June or can't ship until later, but there are generally not many. If you look at those picked in Jan this year majority are shipping next FY (late July and after) which causes the issue for what was to be the April board.

The variables that will have to be worked out are:
- how deep in FY 21 did they fill quotas.
- how many applied SWO that were picked up by other designators so they are no longer a factor.
- how many will just decide to wait.
- will NRC stop accepting SWO applications from the NRD's like they did before (this helps you guys out if they do)

Most of these variables will take months to work themselves out, the benefit you all have is your application is at NRC.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah I believe they already used up the FY 20 quota. So actually it could be better off for those on April board to be moved to August because probably most of us would be rejected in April board lol Its interesting to see that August 2020 board is a brand-new “FY 21” only board. Just like the November 2019 board.

They have already been filling FY 21 quotas.

The Nov board listed FY 20 but that is not entirely true, it depends on the applicant and when they can ship.

n0rthstar

- will NRC stop accepting SWO applications from the NRD's like they did before (this helps you guys out if they do)

Most of these variables will take months to work themselves out, the benefit you all have is your application is at NRC.

This would be awful. I was holding off on applying until the August board after the N from February. This would be terrible news.

Catman5211

They have already been filling FY 21 quotas.

The Nov board listed FY 20 but that is not entirely true, it depends on the applicant and when they can ship.
Yes they have. I was one of the ones on the nov board that had an immediate report available and I was still slated for the FY21 classes for exactly the reason that the processors are telling everyone.

Infinitedouble

I was on the Feb board and got selected for SWO with a class date of18OCT. According to an email I recieved from my chain of command yesterday SWO , Pilots and Intel are filled up for the FY. While this is out of our hands, the best we can do is to stay informed, flexible and keep improving. For those of you who got their boards moved to Aug, I will suggest improving on your package in any way possible. I missed the Nov19 board while waiting for my age waiver , but between then and Feb I sent an updated JST with currently completed college courses, Personal trainer cert, and an updated PRIMS printout. Who knows if these docs might have helped my chances. I just scanned the Docs to Mr Ted Williams and Mr Paul Celestin. Find out of there is anything you can work on to improve your chances.

I was on the Feb board and got selected for SWO with a class date of18OCT. According to an email I recieved from my chain of command yesterday SWO , Pilots and Intel are filled up for the FY. While this is out of our hands, the best we can do is to stay informed, flexible and keep improving. For those of you who got their boards moved to Aug, I will suggest improving on your package in any way possible. I missed the Nov19 board while waiting for my age waiver , but between then and Feb I sent an updated JST with currently completed college courses, Personal trainer cert, and an updated PRIMS printout. Who knows if these docs might have helped my chances. I just scanned the Docs to Mr Ted Williams and Mr Paul Celestin. Find out of there is anything you can work on to improve your chances.

yes mr celestin said we can send documents Tom him until the board convenes since some of us complete our masters next week.