• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

Catman5211

I don't understand how you conduct boards 4 times a year but you just found out you picked too many people on one board. SWO has one of the lowest retention rates in the Navy compared to most other officer programs. Most first-term Non-prior SWO leaves after their first initial contract. They pick more because they need to keep up with the high turn-over rate.
I don’t believe it was just one board, but a few boards of slightly over selection (for the reasons you stated). Also you have to look at diversity in each OCS class (can’t be all SWOs) and the availability of follow on courses and billets

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
I don't know how true this is but I was told that the beginning of the physical year is the best time to apply. My friend is on the next board which is why I'm monitoring this one (trying to see if theres a trend in selection rates)

n0rthstar

I don't know how true this is but I was told that the beginning of the physical year is the best time to apply. My friend is on the next board which is why I'm monitoring this one (trying to see if theres a trend in selection rates)

Early in the fiscal year is always smart.

Siej

I did my research on the Manpower website. The selection rate has been in the 70% for almost every board with the exception of the 10FEB2018 board. The selection was 50% during that board. I guess February boards are not too lucky.

Mel345

My recruiter just called me, he said only 80% of the people selected are on the list as of now, and it wont be official until everyone's on it. That's why it's taking longer. He said because my ship date is in march I'll for sure know by the end of this week but as of right now I'm not on the list. I'm not sure if that means they'll hurry up and finish it before or if they will just tell me.

Catman5211

I did my research on the Manpower website. The selection rate has been in the 70% for almost every board with the exception of the 10FEB2018 board. The selection was 50% during that board. I guess February boards are not too lucky.
Probably the same issue. NRC hits their quotas and dials it back

Mel345

My recruiter just called me, he said only 80% of the people selected are on the list as of now, and it wont be official until everyone's on it. That's why it's taking longer. He said because my ship date is in march I'll for sure know by the end of this week but as of right now I'm not on the list. I'm not sure if that means they'll hurry up and finish it before or if they will just tell me.
So it sounds like were waiting for more than just a signature

n0rthstar

I don’t even know what this means. I’m losing my mind here.

EO87

Sounds like we will know soon.

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
Was this your OR? Are you referring to your OCS ship date or ship date for bootcamp?

Mel345

Yes my OR. My bootcamp ship date is march 30, I'm a dual applicant. He said once we start March they cant move my ship date and he doesnt want to move it based on a 20% chance but also doesnt want me to leave if I'm on the 20% of the list that isnt done yet. So he said I need to know by the end of the week. Idk if they're going to expedite my process or finish the other 20% of the list.

1812TC

Are any of you active people checking the sharepoint AC/RC accessions tab for the selection list to appear? That’s how it was released on the oct SNA/NFO board

Are any of you active people checking the sharepoint AC/RC accessions tab for the selection list to appear? That’s how it was released on the oct SNA/NFO board
Got a link? I have a CAC reader at home and I know about the sharepoint website...but not what you are talking about specifically.