• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SUPPLY AUG 2013 Board

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
So OCM's will assign FS letters/dates without being PQ'ed via NRC?
It appears so....and I know of other people that have made some calls to find out...the problem is that's where they have you slated, but it could always change until you receive it!

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
It appears so....and I know of other people that have made some calls to find out...the problem is that's where they have you slated, but it could always change until you receive it!
Rgr, understood and I that seems to make sense... How long from PRO-REC Y results until you made the call to ascertain your FS letter/date?

exNavyOffRec

So OCM's will assign FS letters/dates without being PQ'ed via NRC?

NRC controls the OCS dates and FS letters, but anyone that has access to the system can see the dates, I can tell you it is common to have dates changed before the FS letters are signed as some are put in based on speculation.

thebomb

Hey guys, I haven't posted here yet but I was also selected in the August selection board. My recruiter called me today to let me know that I haven't gotten my letter yet because they are waiting on money to come in, which is supposed to be here by the end of the month. He said he'd be surprised if I didn't get my letter before February. This is the first fairly reliable update I've gotten in a while so I thought I'd share.

TJonSTRETCH

Hey guys, I haven't posted here yet but I was also selected in the August selection board. My recruiter called me today to let me know that I haven't gotten my letter yet because they are waiting on money to come in, which is supposed to be here by the end of the month. He said he'd be surprised if I didn't get my letter before February. This is the first fairly reliable update I've gotten in a while so I thought I'd share.

Thanks for this update. I can piggyback on this too. My Chief is personal friends with the Command Master Chief (CMC) at Millington. He put a call out to him this morning and was given the exact same info. Basically the CMC passed along not to worry too much about this delay, but rather be confident in knowing our FS and ultimately orders are on their way. They've been held up due to funding issues, but are being resolved currently. He also added that it's a numbers game and some selects from the April board are still waiting as well as us from the June (including his nephew he stated) and later boards. It's the Navy comrades, "hurry up and wait!" LOL

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for this update. I can piggyback on this too. My Chief is personal friends with the Command Master Chief (CMC) at Millington. He put a call out to him this morning and was given the exact same info. Basically the CMC passed along not to worry too much about this delay, but rather be confident in knowing our FS and ultimately orders are on their way. They've been held up due to funding issues, but are being resolved currently. He also added that it's a numbers game and some selects from the April board are still waiting as well as us from the June (including his nephew he stated) and later boards. It's the Navy comrades, "hurry up and wait!" LOL

"funding issues" really aren't funding issues, at least not directly, it is more like the USN can't sign the accession plan without knowing how many officers it needs, and if you follow the daisy chain back it goes to manning on ships, subs, etc.... and also how many ships we can or can't keep or build due to money available, so it isn't "we don't have money for more officers" it is more about "what money do we have for ships and planes"

The fact people have still been waiting is not a good indicator for those waiting on Supply or IDC boards, people still waiting means they are close to filling what they need.

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
Thanks for the update, but I hate to hear that :/ I've started to make plans based on my tentative Feb 2nd date...I have to pack, give notice at work/apartment...and plan to move across the country...I can't exactly wait until the last minute to do so...I'm from the June board so hopefully my letter materializes ASAP with the same date...

TJonSTRETCH

Thanks for the update, but I hate to hear that :/ I've started to make plans based on my tentative Feb 2nd date...I have to pack, give notice at work/apartment...and plan to move across the country...I can't exactly wait until the last minute to do so...I'm from the June board so hopefully my letter materializes ASAP with the same date...

Have you received any update yet? Feb 2nd is right around the corner! I'm hopeful to hear soon, as I too am from the June board.