• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Su-37 Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
And one more thing, someone mentioned the blues flying all their stunning moves etc etc. Just so you know, the Blues fly (generally) jets that have been retired from fleet service and/or combat roles in the Navy.Marine Corps. There's a thread on this site somewhere about that, actually even in this section. I'm just too lazy to go hit the back button and get the link for everyone.

squeeze said:
people, please don't argue with an idiot... they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. just stick to open mocking - it's more entertaining for all of us

Good point....he made me waste about 10 minutes of my life.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
He made me laugh, but you know, one of those "ARROGANT AMERICAN" "We're better than you" laughs. :cowboy_12 :icon_zbee Cheers America! (For being better than Europe!)

Molnija

Plasma stealth is idiotic. The energy required to generate plasma(you DO know what plasma is right) is astronomical. I say astronomical because it only NATURALLY occurs in stars. Think about that. Not to mention you'd make a beautiful IR beacon in doing so.

I read in the newspapers that Russian made plasma shield, but that was one problem is too heavy for aicraft. But I read the article a few years ago and now they should have lighter version (maybe?).

I don't think you've seen any F-22 test videos. Or F-18 demonstrations for that matter. Their AoA limit is not 20 degrees. Watch a Blue Angels high alpha pass. That is clearly more than 20 degrees AoA, sustainable as long as the engines are running.
Or a Super Hornet demonstration. Those are pretty amazing pitch rates...even fully loaded. You obviously never bothered giving those numbers a reality check.
Whoever says the F-22 or JSF isn't highly maneuverable is smoking some good stuff and I want some.

I have never said that F-22 or JSF are not maneuverable, that is nonesence.
I said that F-22 has stabilizing AoA about 70° and that is enough, but Su-37
in specific manoeuvres has AoA more than 180° (somersault,..).
I have seen test videos of F-22, specially when pilot lost control, but that was no his mistake, but F-22 began mess up.
AoA of F-18 is not so amazing, less than Su-27 or Mig-29! I can't compare maneuverability of Su-27 or Mig-29 with F-18, that is nonesense!!! Maybe AoA of F-18 with AoA of Mig-23 MLD.

Molnija

DanMav1156 said:
Ok Fine, they are all one time Soviet pilots. ;) The fact is they are sell-outs.

Next:

We should keep in mind that the published numbers of anything in the Air Force or Navy is just that published. There's no question that they can outperform the numbers they give out to people. And let's be honest, an aircraft carrier full of Superhornets and JSF's could absolutley outperform any Russian squadron. And listen Molnija, a JSF can go undetected regardless of what you say. And even if you did have the capability of this "plasma" detection you speak of, no Eurasian country would have the money to spend on that. Update, your unemployment level in European countries is from anywhere between 9% all the way up to beyond 22%. I won't even begin with the Russian economy. There is no way in hell any country could purchase that in Eurasia. O and one more thing (sorry I've wanted to use this for so long) :D :

I am not from Russia!!!!!
If you want to speak about economy, I am studying economy at university!!!

Yes there is big difference between Russian and USA economy. Economy of USA is the best in the world, that is fact.
What is your military budget for one year????
We can't compare your military budget with Russian military budget, that is nonsense!!! You are spending billions on armed forces, and for development new aicrafts!!! Russian military budget is maybe 1/100 or less of your military budget and that is a phenomenal of Russian engineering! YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH TECHNICAL ASPECT OF DOING AICRAFTS, BUT NOT WITH FINANCIAL AND RUSSIAN HAVE BIG FINANCIAL PROBLEMS, BUT NOT SO BIG WITH TECHNICAL ASPECT!!! That is fact!!!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WTF, over.

Molnija said:

And with that childish outburst...your new Delta Ki callsign is "The Russian"

Dover`sya mne, Vsyo pad kontrolem !!

Geese

You guys are dangerous.
Molnija said:
But if you think that F-22 or JSF will be undetected that is only fiction! In Canada, Sweden and USA,they accept conviction that "undetected or stealth aicraft" is only fiction!When the aicraft is flying with some speed in the air then is always possibility to detect this aicraft!!!
For example with: Bistatic doppler radiolocator, passive monitoring systems PRP-1 Kopáč/Romana/Tamara and others methods!
Did you heard or read about Russian plasma shield in their aircrafts in the future?
No, I don't believe they are so undetectable that someone is not going to see them on radar at very close ranges, but they will have a much reduced signature, be harder to detect, due to missle technology the enemy will not even want to turn on their radar to even find out where the F22 or JSF are. Tactics will also play a huge role, but when you add all of these things up, information from awacs, the next generation of technology (satallite radar is being developed right now), reduced signature, tactics, and whatever else they may have up their sleeve, it all points to where air combat is headed.

Yes, planes will still need to be able to dogfight.

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
Molnija said:
I read in the newspapers that Russian made plasma shield, but that was one problem is too heavy for aicraft. But I read the article a few years ago and now they should have lighter version (maybe?).

Wow, the accuser of "POOOOR KNOWLEDGES" admits to idle speculation??

Molnija said:
I have never said that F-22 or JSF are not maneuverable, that is nonesence.
I said that F-22 has stabilizing AoA about 70° and that is enough, but Su-37
in specific manoeuvres has AoA more than 180° (somersault,..).
I have seen test videos of F-22, specially when pilot lost control, but that was no his mistake, but F-22 began mess up.

Wait a minute. Are you trying to say a Su-37 has a stabilized AoA of more than 90°? Don't you realize that's mathematically impossible? Any flight path that is more than 90° different than the aircraft attitude is definitely NOT "stabilized." Hello... Flying backwards? You see what I'm getting at? Yes, I've seen the video of the summersalt and the "stop-cobra" etc. And the pilot even admitted himself that he only accomplished that after hours upon hours of practice and retakes. Yep. Got it on tape.

Molnija said:
But if you think that F-22 or JSF will be undetected that is only fiction! In Canada, Sweden and USA,they accept conviction that "undetected or stealth aicraft" is only fiction!When the aicraft is flying with some speed in the air then is always possibility to detect this aicraft!!!
For example with: Bistatic doppler radiolocator, passive monitoring systems PRP-1 Kopáč/Romana/Tamara and others methods!
Did you heard or read about Russian plasma shield in their aircrafts in the future?

Okay. Let's say that you're right, that both the F-22 and JSF are only 97% stealthy. I still don't see them losing in an aerial engagement. Sure, if (every 100th time) they end up merging with a Su-27 because both their AM-120's and AIM-9x's malfunction, they might find themselves challenged. But EVEN 95% stealth is extremely difficult to track. Even with the most advanced dopplers, they would have to be flying very close to and either directly TOWARD or directly AWAY FROM the radar spike. And who in their right mind would do that? That means, that even if you in your 27 know EXACTLY where I am in my 22 thanks to an AWACS "bogey dope" or a GCI or something, you still couldn't achieve a STT lock on me. Meanwhile, you're kept busy maintaining a 90° profile with all the sh!t I'm sending at you, actively and passively guided, RDR and IR. All I'm doing is waiting to see the shute...

So no, I disagree that supermaneuverability is the key to winning an engagement. Don't you think the American government has already thought of that? They've probably already had this conversation a million times on an official level. Which is why they're spending more money on stealth and low-observability than they are on maneuverability.

Molnija said:
If you want to speak about economy, I am studying economy at university!!!

Hey! You must be in the Ukranian BDCP program! So, I'm dying to know -
What % get jets? What % get Su-27's? What's the cutoff NSS? Can you choose your pipeline?

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
firefriendly said:
The Russian, where did you get your information about our aircraft? If thats the data Europeans and your Soviet friends are using I'm pretty confident in our beating you down in any engagement. By the way, are you on crack?

Actually, where this dude's from, I'm pretty sure Crack is still illegal. But, keep in mind, shrooms and weed are legal. I think that answers your question. :D

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Molnija said:
AoA of F-18 is not so amazing, less than Su-27 or Mig-29! I can't compare maneuverability of Su-27 or Mig-29 with F-18, that is nonesense!!! Maybe AoA of F-18 with AoA of Mig-23 MLD.

IQ of Moljina is not so smart, less than squeeze or DanMav!!

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
DanMav1156 said:
Woah woah woah? What did I say to make me sound dumb?
You didn't know who Ali Larter was, for one. ;) Alright, you do get a free pass on that one because you were 12 when Varsity Blues came out... :D

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Tripp said:
You didn't know who Ali Larter was, for one. ;) Alright, you do get a free pass on that one because you were 12 when Varsity Blues came out... :D

Yeah, I definitely deserve a pass on that one. :D

At least I thought she was :hot_anima

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
UInavy said:
Well, what have you said to sound smart? Nothing but poor knowledges!!

Come on, you know the commie's got you good!!

Lol, ok fine. But have you seen the Ponch picture I got for the Commie? It's a classic. See page 4 of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.