• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Su-37 Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Alright, my threadlocking finger is getting itchy . . .

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
perchul2 said:
Perhaps some jet guys would like to weigh in on this, seriously, would American pilots be any more effective if the aircraft they flew were any more maneuverable? It seems to me that increases jet performance doesn't do anyone anygood at this point; detection is the game now...I may very well be wrong I don't know
The whole premise of his argument is ridiculous. So many things go into an A/A engagement (aircraft and weapon system capes, aircrew training, tactics, ROE just to name a few), that to say one jet can sustain X degrees more AOA than another, so it automatically wins, only proves how unknowledgeable that person is.

Brett

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Molnija said:
That is not EXPENSIVE??????? 200 000 000$???
Molnija

When you aren't from a third world country, this is chump change. We don't have to stand in lines to get bread in -30 degree weather. Instead, we sit in one of our homes, surfing the web on high speed internet. Instead of saving up all month to afford a wool scarf, we buy whirlpool hot tubs with massaging bubble jets and built in foot massagers. Instead of spending our nations entire net annual income on one jet and show it off at an airshow to make our country think we are "powerful," we buy jets out of a more utilitarian mindset (and buy several overpriced jets to show off at airshows as well). Molnija, there were several key differences you missed, and I had to point them out. I would rather live in this country over Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Laos, or wherever the hell you are from, than privately own one of these "special" jets myself.

KBayDog

Godspeed said:
Instead, we sit in one of our homes, surfing the web on high speed internet. Instead of saving up all month to afford a wool scarf, we buy whirlpool hot tubs with massaging bubble jets and built in foot massagers.

Who is this "we" you are talking about, Godspeed? Must be nice to be where you are from. Just about the only thing you were right about is that I can surf the web on high speed internet and I afford a wool scarf.

Well, this month, anyway.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
UInavy said:
Unless someone gets really offended, lets try and keep this one open. I'd be somewhat interested, though not swayed by points of view and opinions about our forces from other parts of the world.
Ditto, although our little friend has been a bit scarce of late.

Brett

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Roger that, seemed to be degenerating into a flamewar for awhile but I didn't want to be too quick on the trigger . . .

Godspeed

pilot
KBayDog said:
Who is this "we" you are talking about, Godspeed? Must be nice to be where you are from. Just about the only thing you were right about is that I can surf the web on high speed internet and I afford a wool scarf.

Well, this month, anyway.

HAHA, yeah, I don't have a whirpool hot tub. Sometimes I exaggerate to make my points seem stronger. It is quite a fallacitical way to argue, but it proves to be entertaining sometimes nonetheless.

Sorry about the flaming guys, I just love going off sometimes. Thanks for putting up with it :icon_smil

Molnija

Answer!!!

It is so funny for me, to read this stupid answers from you. You know very good ABUSE somebody who has another opinon! This is TYPICAL AMERICAN ARROGANCE which is demonstration your less INTELIGENCE AND YOUR POOOOOOOOOOOOR KNOWLEDGES!!!
Have YOU EVER BEEN in EUROPE??? HOW MANY FROM YOU WERE in Europe??????????
I was in USA, I traveled all western EUROPE and I visited a lot of contries, I saw the way of live in other countries. I have a lot of friends from whole world. I have friends from USA too.
If you think that we are living on trees, I will disappoint you. I have wery good life. I have everything what I want. I have 3 computers, 3 satelite system with 2 paraboles, one of them is 360° rotary parabole and I received more than 600 chanels in one satelite! I can continue but it is stupid to speak what I have, but you think that we are from middle ages.
It has no sense to explain you what is primary in cannon or miss. dogfight and AOAs I just show to you to compare maneuverability between Russian And USA fighters.
Now I write, NO MY WORDS but the words ONE OF THE BEST PILOT IN THE WORLD! His name is ANATOLY KVOCHUR, "the man, who is able to use each other's God names" Famous Russian hero explained to the bunch of eagerly listen on aviation journalists and experts during his impressive Su-27 display flying in Asia Aerospace '96 at the Changi International Airport, Singapore by 6th up to 11th February 1996, at the 34th International Air Fair '96 at the historical airport Biggin Hill, By 15th up to 16th June 1996 and finally at Indonesian Air Shoe 1996 at International Aiport Soekarno-Hatta by 19th up to 25th June 1996:" The wonder Su-27 fighter - even in its original basic version from early eighties exceeds the foreing roughly comparable fighters in its maneuverability 1,3 up to 1,4 times. The nearest level of performance and maneuverability touched to the lates top modern American fighter Lockeed Martin F-22. However, our fighter is of a long time ago serial production, fully tested and used as a standard one for wide range of military purpose. The American Skunk Works star has never been and will never be tested in the same conditions. Development of Su-27 type has not been finished yet. New modifications are being developed such as so called "integral triplane" Su-35 with adaptive wing PGO/foreplane canards and "glass cokpit screens" and mainly latest multipurpose all-weather supermaneuverable "Abracadabra" Su-37 with short right side stick and TVC/Thrust vector Control fully integrated to the FCS/Flight Control System. The new TVC system enables the plane to increase its flying performance 10 TIMES!!! No one fighter in the whole world is able to emulate absolutely unique "Somersault", 360 degrees rotation around the laterial axis, "Stop Cobra" or "Super Cobra" and lot of other gut-wrenching sequence of rolls, reversals etc. There is no fighter like this abroad and it is unlikely one will appear in the horizont of th near future."
This said Anatoly Kvochur, that was his words, understand?
I can continue and write statements others famous pilots for example: JOHN FARLEY, one of the best pilot of the world.
I hope that you will be a little bit self-critic :icon_wink . Thanks!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Glass cokpit screens? Why didn't you just say so in the first place. I'm convinced. In fact, I'm leaving for Europe right now (literally)! See you fvckers in a week!

Brett

Godspeed

pilot
yeah, and he had some parabolas. Damn, I wish I knew what that was. The only parabolas i'm used to seeing are the ones in my Calc book.

KBayDog

Um, yeah - there's that funny little principle we like to call "stand off" that needs to be considered. In case you haven't noticed, over on this side of the pond, we prefer not to let our enemies get close enough to need impressive air-show quality, whiz-bang parabolas, or whatever it is you're talking about. Yes, I did notice that your examples were all from air shows, not from operational experiences. Anyway, we like to use our combined arms and joint assets to "reach out and touch" our enemies before they even know we're there. No, we don't like to have our servicemen die. Therefore, we kill our enemies while we are still out of their range.

Or, better yet, we just annihilate our opposing air forces before they even get off the deck. And those few who actually manage to get their birds off the deck had just better hope that they didn't piss off their parachute riggers that day.

And ANATOLY KVOCHUR and JOHN FARLEY were not the best pilots in the world. Gordo Cooper was. All you had to do was ask him.

Status
Not open for further replies.