• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
And the DI's won't destroy me if they see the camera?
The candio's always took pictures for us during the early weeks and even during firefighting and damage control. Just ask and when you're in their shoes offer.

originalbigjim

Ellipticals at ocs

do they let people use the ellipticals at ocs, i have been using it since i hurt my knee a while back and now it has become enjoyable. I was just wondering if you can use it if you wanted, or even if you can get it recommended by a doc via sf600
thanks

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
do they let people use the ellipticals at ocs, i have been using it since i hurt my knee a while back and now it has become enjoyable. I was just wondering if you can use it if you wanted, or even if you can get it recommended by a doc via sf600
thanks

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO!

HAHA! Are you serious??

Oh, ya. HAHA!

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
Unless you go med-down, you probably won't have the opportunity to use an elliptical. It has been a few years since I was there, but unless it's changed a whole lot, I wouldn't plan on going into OCS with any medical waivers for anything more than maybe authorizing you to wear Bates Lites.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO!

HAHA! Are you serious??

Oh, ya. HAHA!

Since Bogey_Spotter qualifies as an OCS SME, I take this to be a "stupid" question and so sentance it to join similar questions there.

originalbigjim

Ellipticals at ocs

thanks

BackOrdered

Contributor
thanks

You don't mean for the PRTs do you?

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
When you ask this question the first time and all that happens is someone posts "HAHA" a thousand times and the thread gets merged into "Stupid questions about OCS", it usually means no.
To not answer like a dick, no way. Your ass is running on the road like everyone else. If you're not capable of doing that, you're not capable of going to OCS. Make sure and tell your recruiter and you can have your date pushed back.

Bevo16

pilot
I don't have an informed answer to your question, but my guess would be that you can't.

I can tell you that passing the PRT on the elliptical trainer is not as easy at it sounds. The Navy PRT office did a very poor job of doing their calorie/score calculations when they did the standardization for the test. I took the PRT just 3 weeks ago, got an outstanding (low) on the run. Just for fun (and since I work down the hall from the Navy's Physical Readiness Policy Office) I tried the 12 minute elliptical test. If I had used that score, I would have failed the PRT.

I am no stranger to the elliptical either. I put some extra mileage on my knees playing college football, so I use the elliptical about 3X a week to lower the impact of my workouts.

So, the short answer to your question would be: Probably not, but even if you could, you would not want to.