• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I understand the nail polish is to keep strings from growing. What is the painter's tape for? Also, I've heard some people bring hair spray. How is this used (other than for hair)?
Painter's tape: aids precision stamps and insignia placement.

Hairspray: ghetto starch

You can obtain both at the NEX.

kahuna5501

Thanks for the info

Yeah thanks for the info. I had no idea about the search option. My navy recruiter referred me here, said it was a good place to find answers. Just want to go ahead and ask how long is OCS, if you dont fail and go back any classes and so on.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Yeah thanks for the info. I had no idea about the search option. My navy recruiter referred me here, said it was a good place to find answers. Just want to go ahead and ask how long is OCS, if you dont fail and go back any classes and so on.

Pretty sure there are a million places to find that answer, but for the sake of me being in a good mood...12 weeks. But my guess is it will take you double that if you can't figure out how to find answers as blatant as that on your own!!!!:)

Here: https://otcn.netc.navy.mil/OCS/index.htm

Because I am sure there is an answer with-in here that will answer your question before you ask it.

vincentjus

Cruise book

For recent OCS grads: Do they make cruise books for OCS? They had them at RTC Great Lakes and I'm curious if they do the same thing at Newport.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
No. I'm not sure what exactly they are, but it sounds like a yearbook type of thing. There is a video that your class makes and is shown the night before graduation but no books or anything.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
We had a "photo-body" that took pictures all during the course of OCS. We then had a video presentation w/ about 200 pics set to music that would just cycle. Everyone got a DVD of the presentation.

bb1125

None
They don't make them, probably due to the relatively low number of people going through OCS compared to Great Lakes. They did however have cruise books way back in the day(like Vietnam era). There used to be stacks of them on the Q'deck in Batt 1 down here in Pensacola. I looked through a couple and it looked like they used to graduate several companies/classes at a time back then, sort of like boot camp.

The hi-mom vids are nice to have though. It's pretty hilarious to watch it several months later when you're sitting around drinking beer with buddies from OCS. The only thing I like having a cruise book for is being able to look up somone's name that you forgot.

cdrsniper

Lovin' life....
That link explains just a hair of what goes on in OCS. I was 2 classes ahead of that class and it was always "Fun" to see the camera crew around... then when they left... Gunney Center got back for lost time!!

cdrsniper

Lovin' life....
You can buy a VERY cheezy video of OCS graduation. My advice.. DONT BUY IT!! I did and it looked like a third grader filmed it! Just take your own camera.. put in your car, after the first week, go get it and take your own video and pictures.. We all did, and captured the best parts of OCS!

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
You can buy a VERY cheezy video of OCS graduation. My advice.. DONT BUY IT!!
+1 on that... All of my pictures ended up looking like garbage. ~$200 down the tubes. Hopefully they have figured out how to take a first salute picture by now instead of having all three of our faces covered up and blurry.