• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
After referencing the Navy Precedence of Awards, I am still curious as to if my CG Sea Service Ribbon is authorized to wear in the Navy. The delimma is that it is not listed under the "Authorized" nor is it listed under the "Not Authorized" sections. Should I go with the "it isn't on the not authorized lists" mindset, or the other way around?

Also, I have qualified in the CG for Expert Rifle and Pistol. Do those transfer (if so do I wear CG or Navy equivelent)? I am confused as to whether or not you had to have qualified while in the Navy for it to be authorized.

I don't think any shooting ribbons/brass transfer between services. As for your CG sea service, my advice would be to only wear what's explicitly authorized until after OCS...after OCS, nobody's really going to give a damn what you wear, unless you give yourself a Silver Star or something.

Whitefoot

None
I don't think any shooting ribbons/brass transfer between services. As for your CG sea service, my advice would be to only wear what's explicitly authorized until after OCS...after OCS, nobody's really going to give a damn what you wear, unless you give yourself a Silver Star or something.
Great advice, thanks!

Whitefoot

None
I remember back in boot 6+ years ago (obviously could be different in OCS) a friend told me to go to medical, say my feet hurt, walk out with superfeet insole. That being said, I am not sure if it is something you can bring or if it is something that you will need to go to medical to receive. Are you thinking for boots or running shoes?

44magnum

Any advice on insoles to bring to OCS? Any recommendations?
I've been using Superfeet for years. They aren't gel soles or anything like that (if that's what you're looking for), but they do provide the support to keep you feeling good on your feet longer. I also struggle with shin splints and they help. Put a set in the running shoes that you will wear there and bring a second set to put in your boots.

Andyb765

You can only wear your own glasses if they fall in with the uniform regs, just so you know. Also, I would bring your own glasses strap, just make sure it is plan black. They ran out of them at the exchange when I was there.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
They are plain black plastic frames. They do have some green at the end of the stems but it is on the inside. Can't see any green while wearing them. I hope they fall within regs, but if they don't I will rock those gramma glasses.

mitrokhin

They are plain black plastic frames. They do have some green at the end of the stems but it is on the inside. Can't see any green while wearing them. I hope they fall within regs, but if they don't I will rock those gramma glasses.

I'd recommend getting another pair of glasses while you are there. These are more or less what they look like.

http://api.ning.com/files/UaXybx*6-...Xppswq9Weq7pNWA*aLNhu0Mf/militaryglasses1.jpg

The first week I was at OCS, I didn't have straps for my glasses. They were stomped on in the sandpit, and I was pretty much blind for a week until I got issued the ones above. -4.75 diopters.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
This is them. I think they will be okay.
7090-018.jpg