• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

jakejake527

That was my first thought when thinking about getting gloves. Well...at least my hands will be warm while getting hammered lol
maybe they'll issue gloves if they become necessary....I'm sure they won't put people in a position where they get frost bites....'till then just suck it up

Does anyone know if knee braces are allowed at OCS? I'm active duty and have a history of knee pain in my medical record but of course there is no "prescription" for a knee brace... and in the event my knee begins to hurt from the running I at least would like to stabilize it with a brace.. nothing too obnoxious just an ACE bandage. I know for normal installations with command PT they are authorized... but OCS is a different ball game from the fleet. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Workingoutsidemyfield

Does anyone know if knee braces are allowed at OCS? I'm active duty and have a history of knee pain in my medical record but of course there is no "prescription" for a knee brace... and in the event my knee begins to hurt from the running I at least would like to stabilize it with a brace.. nothing too obnoxious just an ACE bandage. I know for normal installations with command PT they are authorized... but OCS is a different ball game from the fleet. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I read something via theses threads that said you could. ...I'm bringing mine as well as ankle braces.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Bring your knee braces and get a special chit from the medical clinic to use them. But seriously, bring a good quality white towel that won't disintegrate in wash. The ones they issue you are like sand paper.

Can someone clarify what the "big three" or "big five" are in terms of OCS gouge?

Is it the Chain of Command, Code of Conduct, general orders of a sentry...? If that's the big three what does the big five include?

I've tried to google and search here and everywhere to get this answered but haven't come up with anything.

UW14

Can someone clarify what the "big three" or "big five" are in terms of OCS gouge?

Is it the Chain of Command, Code of Conduct, general orders of a sentry...? If that's the big three what does the big five include?

I've tried to google and search here and everywhere to get this answered but haven't come up with anything.
Add the Sailor's Creed and Navy and Marine Corp rank structure. Chain of command is pretty variable so I wouldn't study it too much before OCS.

Whitefoot

None

http://www.ocs.navy.mil/pdfs/OCR APP B - Inspection Knowledge.pdf
The more you know couldn't hurt. From what I have read, General Orders and Code of Conduct as well as Chain of command (to a certain point. obviously you won't know the CoC closest to you).

Tasha

I've got a question. Maybe those that have been through OCS can answer.

I wanna purchase a pair of black boots before heading out to OCS .. To get used to walking in them.. Is their a specific brand at OCS they issue that I can purchase ? (Bates, Belleville, or welco) I know I can bring a pair of boots with me if they're in golden condition. Thank you in advance!

Larick

None
Contributor
I've got a question. Maybe those that have been through OCS can answer.

I wanna purchase a pair of black boots before heading out to OCS .. To get used to walking in them.. Is their a specific brand at OCS they issue that I can purchase ? (Bates, Belleville, or welco) I know I can bring a pair of boots with me if they're in golden condition. Thank you in advance!
I got bates

Larick

None
Contributor
No I haven't tried the other pairs yet. I believe the bates are standard issue. Breaking them in at OCS wasn't that bad since that was my first time ever wearing boots. Bring some good insoles/boot socks, lace them up tight, and you'll be fine.