• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
So cell phones don't mess with avionics............Hmmmmmm.
Never had a problem on those flights that I forgot to turn it off. Though it does run the battery down pretty quickly looking for a signal.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I don't like the G-suit pocket, as it gets annoying against my leg and is annoying while strapping in, so it goes in my chest pocket. Airplane mode to save batteries. Probably gonna be the quickest way to get picked up after an overland ejection, so best to have it on you IMO. Also decent entertainment in the pits.....

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I don't like the G-suit pocket, as it gets annoying against my leg and is annoying while strapping in, so it goes in my chest pocket. Airplane mode to save batteries. Probably gonna be the quickest way to get picked up after an overland ejection, so best to have it on you IMO. Also decent entertainment in the pits.....

The harness doesn't press it into your chest?

I keep mine in my g-suit pocket, in one of those Lifeproof cases. That way I can call in the cavalry, then update my Facebook status---all from the comfort of my shark taco.

EWU12

"That's a true fact"
pilot
Contributor
Ya I had it in the baggage compartment of the T-6B ( PA= precision aerobatics) and we went up to like 17000 and popped 6+ at least half a dozen times. So either something heavy got smashed up against it or the altitude or both. Either way, I didn't want to buy a new phone without figuring out what the F I did to it. And like MIDNJAC said, I want it on me if you have to punch out.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
The arm pocket is perfect sized for a phone. Coincidence? I think not.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The arm pocket is perfect sized for a phone. Coincidence? I think not.

That's where I keep all my cc's/CAC/chedda. @ C420, I guess my chest isn't as manly as yours, as that has never bothered me as much as it has in the ankle pocket of my gsuit. It will get covered in sweat by the end of a good flight though. I also gave up on carrying my cover with me when I fly. Kinda bit me when I had to go unexpectedly (alone) to Yuma, and I had to borrow some baseops Corporal's cover to run across base to get some snacks. He offered it and I figured that if anyone got close enough to see how incorrect it was, I would just jump into a bush or run away. Must have looked like a creeper sneaking through fields and behind buildings to not be seen :)