• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

MasterBates

Was not the SDO. Was a guy who was covering my ground job. Thought he had a legit question.

Anyways, shouldn't the hate be on the Hinge who boned me and cost me thousands and a lost vacation, vice me answering the phone for what I thought was to help a fellow JO?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
AF rolls their sleeves inward instead of out.

That's just so they can hide that they're rolling them. They only roll them one time (the "width" of the velcro).

As for the why... Probably because the AF treats the flight suit as a regular uniform, so they don't want people to think outside of the box and start rolling sleeves and look un-uniform. Until the recent uniform change on the Navy side (come 18 July), no one really gave a crap because it was considered a working uniform. Even though the regs said no more than 2 rolls, people did whatever they wanted anyway.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Actually, that is what happens when you don't file via Navy Flight Weather Briefer.

It kills all of your Bernoullis.

Damn, that was a better one. I was trying to come up with something quick before I got "counseled" on not starting to cook the chicken on the grill.

jtmedli

pilot
Damn, that was a better one. I was trying to come up with something quick before I got "counseled" on not starting to cook the chicken on the grill.

Did you fill out the "Grilling over an open flame is a hazardous activity" ORM sheet prior to grilling said chicken?

jmcquate

Contributor
Did you fill out the "Grilling over an open flame is a hazardous activity" ORM sheet prior to grilling said chicken?
There's a reacurring segment on the Pentagon Channel about safe grilling. The Mommy five side is real.

jtmedli

pilot
There's a reacurring segment on the Pentagon Channel about safe grilling. The Mommy five side is real.

...and apparently frying turkeys. Not kidding. We had a safety stand-down with a 10 minute talk and subsequent video about the proper way to fry a turkey.

I may change my signature line to "Natural Selection: Makes the promotion process simpler."

MasterBates

...and apparently frying turkeys. Not kidding. We had a safety stand-down with a 10 minute talk and subsequent video about the proper way to fry a turkey.

I may change my signature line to "Natural Selection: Makes the promotion process simpler."
Do it.