• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Students going to Tailhook

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Let's figure this one out... Gabe's Deli? I'm in, just say when and where (and I'm with Brett... tough to be there on a Thursday for a lot of folks).

Maybe Friday before the Bug Roach Mixer would be better?
I'm open to moving things around.
Or maybe a table at the Mixer for people to cycle by before they become too blitzed...
The floor is open for dialog...

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Provided tomorrow's check ride goes well, I'll be in VT-86 by the time hook rolls around. The P'Cola Tailhook rep is an 86 instructor, so we should be able to swing something. Definitely up for a friday AW get together.

HuggyU2

None
So, for a someone who's never been, where do you go Friday night?
Will folks be going to the Fallon Airshow Friday? Or just start drinking in Reno at noon?

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
A couple of friends have asked me if I plan on signing up to go to Tailhook this September, but if I recall correctly, I haven't done ANYTHING... I was wondering if I could gauge the reaction to the idea of studs who haven't landed on boats (yet) attending Tailhook... :confused:

Thanks!
~Red

There's like 4 saber-air flights going out from 86. Try to grab one.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does anyone know if there will be a NALO from K-roc?

HuggyU2

None
Mods,
Recommend you start a new thread under "Military Aviation in General" or something appropriate. As we get closer, there will certainly be more postings about Tailhook '09.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Does anyone know if there will be a NALO from K-roc?

From what I've heard, the NALO will start in Meridian, swing by and pick you guys up enroute. Anyone know if there are still room available or for how much? I've been pretty busy these last few weeks trying to rap up my time here and haven't really looked into it. I have family that live out in that area, but they are a bit of a drive to the strip and I would rather be within stumbling distance to my room.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The Nugget is sold out (has been for several weeks at least) but there are other hotels in town that aren't.

MasterBates

No, I keep on getting cancelled (Night Check canceled for the FOURTH time tonight) and the Xs that must be done between now and FCLPS and days to do them is going to hit the "you may be doing your NATOPS check enroute to the FCLP det" point soon.

MasterBates

Besides, I got Top Hook last time I went to the boat.. I can't suck THAT bad at this ball flying thing..

(now I do suck at many other things, but I seem to "get" the ball better than I do B&Rs)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Besides, I got Top Hook last time I went to the boat.. I can't suck THAT bad at this ball flying thing..

(now I do suck at many other things, but I seem to "get" the ball better than I do B&Rs)

From my experience, it depends on how one does in FCLP's. I was number one in FCLP's in T-2's and dead last at the boat. In C-2/E-2, I was dead last in FCLP's and number one at the boat...thus Top Hook. However, Top Hook at the training command or FRS is really just the best of the worst :)