• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Students going to Tailhook

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
A couple of friends have asked me if I plan on signing up to go to Tailhook this September, but if I recall correctly, I haven't done ANYTHING... I was wondering if I could gauge the reaction to the idea of studs who haven't landed on boats (yet) attending Tailhook... :confused:

Thanks!
~Red

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I know several guys from Meridian that went last year, and I plan on going this year. You are flying a jet with a tailhook on it, yes? Consider it professional education :)

MasterBates

GO TO HOOK.

I went with 100+ other not-yet-hooked studs last year. It was a blast.

Do not try to out drink CNATRA. Your liver will hate you.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A couple of friends have asked me if I plan on signing up to go to Tailhook this September, but if I recall correctly, I haven't done ANYTHING... I was wondering if I could gauge the reaction to the idea of studs who haven't landed on boats (yet) attending Tailhook... :confused:

Thanks!
~Red

Tailhook is open to students for sure. The more the merrier. Nobody even checks to see what your bona fides are; it's just a great time to reunite and learn something (not just how not to drink ;)) as well as pick up some freebies from the industry booths.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You must go! Tailhook actively encourages students to join; half the P'cola-Meridian airlift last year was unwinged TW-6 and TW-1 studs. Find out about the brotherhood you're about to join firsthand. It's a great ready-room bullshit session with the Tailhook Navy, admirals on down. You will not regret going!!!

Plus, you pick up a shitload of free geedunk from the vendors. Half my glassware has "Northrup-Grumman" or a picture of an F-35 on it now.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Do not try to out drink CNATRA. Your liver will hate you.

FACT: The Admiral is a Beer Pong ringer. He was making it rain at my winging. To be fair, our bar tab was pretty much emptied by that time, but he put us to shame.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We really need to bring some good O-Club games this year. Roll the Pigs, L/C/R, etc.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
I have a dumb question and I hope I don't muck up the Tailhook discussion by bringing this up, but...

Aside from what's written on Wikipedia (which is vague at best), what exactly happened during the Tailhook scandal in '91?

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Step 1. Go to Hook.
Step 2. Join the association.
Step 3. Donate when/what you can to the scholarship foundation.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't ask. Google it if you really want to know - there are other places on the interwebs besides wiki.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If for no other reason, you should all go to Hook to drink with me. Don't worry, I'll find you. :D

Brett