• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats and Scores

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
Yea, definitely agree, but I guess I really meant "whole person concept" instead of just stats. I'm a pretty all around guy, but it doesnt matter, I was just kidding. Hope to meet some of you folks in the future and looking forward to serving with you guys.

Haha, ok man...saw you're an Econ major...me too. Good stuff, IMO.

rugby mike

ASTB Scores

I am a GM2 who recently took the ASTB and my scores were a 5,6,6, 51. My recruiter told me these scores were competitive to put in a package as they are in the 65th percentile. However, looking over this site it seems that I am on the very low end of the spectrum. I am applying for SNA/NFO.

My package includes:
B.A. Political Science M.A. in Sociology 3.7GPA
Outstanding LOR's from my CO, XO, and my thesis guidance prof.
All above average Evals
Tons of Extra Circular activites (Volunteer work, Coaching a college rugby team, former captain of my college rugby team, and treasurer of the student gov't.

I guess what I am asking is do I have a shot with this package or am I just wasting time putting it in? I think being mobilized and having tons of time on my hands waiting to be deployed to Kuwait is messing with my head in thinking about this too much.

Any Thoughts?
GM2

FUPaladin

couldabeen
Your scores probably only seem low because people with high scores are much more likely to post them here, but plenty of people have gotten picked up with scores similar to yours. Remember too that the ASTB is only one part of your application package, which in my opinion looks very competitive. Good luck.

22 yrs old, civilian, female
AQR 7
PFAR 8
FOFAR 8
OAR 60 (1st time taking it)
GPA 3.82 in Physics (Now persuing an MS in nuclear physics)
LOR's from VP of FSU (retired Navy), a two-star Admiral, two Captains and a CMDR
PRT was Good High on situps and pushups and Good Low on the run
Choices: Pilot

Hopefully I'll make it to the Aug board, but more likely Sept.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
22 yrs old, civilian, female
AQR 7
PFAR 8
FOFAR 8
OAR 60 (1st time taking it)
GPA 3.82 in Physics (Now persuing an MS in nuclear physics)
LOR's from VP of FSU (retired Navy), a two-star Admiral, two Captains and a CMDR
PRT was Good High on situps and pushups and Good Low on the run
Choices: Pilot

Hopefully I'll make it to the Aug board, but more likely Sept.

Glad to see you're representing Florida State well.

>>>---GO-NOLES--;;->

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
My stats..

Prior enlisted AD2 Naval Aircrew (C-2A Greyhound Loadmaster / Crewchief)
- They already know I can pass the water survival training - NACCS.
- I've already been through S.E.R.E school as enlisted, won't have to go again as an officer.

LOR's- Three O-6 (CO's and XO's), Three O-5 (2 CO's), One O-4, Three LT's

Education: University of Phoenix, BS Business Management (3.5 GPA)
-Degree obtained while on active duty.

ASTB Scores: 5/7/6 OAR 50

Private Pilot - 110 hours

I'm putting in my package this week (SNA only) and will hopefully be up for the September board! Good Luck Everyone who's trying...

The Stoic

Nice going Ken sounds like you got things going for you. I just hope to get my package in and maybe retest.

Age - 24

ASTB Scores - 5/5/5 OAR 47

I hope that doesn't suck so bad I can't even get in. I have some good references. My PRT should be pretty good but to be honest I don't know where they should be at. Anybody have a good link or info on that?

Did everyone else have to put every employer for the past three years and comments from them in your package?

Actually just found a great website for those who need to know the PRT Standards

http://www.navy-prt.com/

sesty

22 yrs old, civilian
AQR 5
PFAR 5
FOFAR 5
OAR 47
GPA 2.138 Florida State University B.S. Social Science
LOR's from former professor and former bosses
PRT 85 push ups, 75 curl ups, 12:03
Choice: Pilot

Volunteer work at various churches, coaching little league football team, former captain of my college intramural football and soccer team, member of Tallahassee Boxing, former member of FSU football team, ran track and football in high school.

Sent my package last week and getting ready for the September board. My recuiter look at my gpa and scores and told me only the act of God can get me selected for pilot so I'm just putting faith in him.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
My recuiter look at my gpa and scores and told me only the act of God can get me selected for pilot so I'm just putting faith in him.

As has been stated many times before: You have a 100% better chance of getting picked up over anyone who didn't apply/hasn't applied yet.

Edit:
my scores: 7/7/7 60.
GPA 2.8 BA in Theatre- Design and Production from Christopher Newport University (3.7 GPA my last two years, I never went to class as a freshman)
Captain of the CNU Sailing Team
Various awards for Theatre Design (mainly lighting and sound)
Theatre Honors Fraternity (APO) member and Business Manager
Minor Pro Ice Hockey Referee, Sailing Instructor for MWR Norfolk Naval Sailing Center, Held many other backstage type jobs.
Experience flying gliders/sailplanes- Log inaccurate, I was a stupid teenager.
LORs: College Sailing Coach, AF Lt Col B-52 Nav, Navy Master Chief, Navy Cdr -60 Pilot, Navy Lt Cdr SWO, Army Lt Col, Ice Hockey Ref Supervisor/NJ Cop.

I'm waiting to submit based on a couple of ANG UPT Board interviews I have coming up, but it looks like October is the magic month.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Well let's see:

Applying for Navy SNA, second choice NFO (I don't know about this one, I hate riding in the CAR with someone else driving :icon_wink)

25 years old
7/8/8, 56 ASTB
97 ASVAB
2.39 GPA (my weakest point), B.S. in Logistics (Industrial Distribution)
If I had to guess on PRT, max situps and crunches, 9-9:30 run
2 years NROTC as a Marine option college programmer
Already have security clearance and going to NAS Corpus next week for a flight physical
LOR's from several Navy pilots, One Marine Capt., retired AF Lt.Col, professor's.

I'm hoping my essay will make an impact big enough to help offset my GPA

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
is this maxed out? i can only see to page 16.

(now i see the new posts)

thull

Upped it to 8/8/7 64 yesterday. was third time. 300 pft again. going Ground 196 hoping maybe switch to Air down the road. not getting any younger..(28 in June)...Best of luck to everyone.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Upped it to 8/8/7 64 yesterday. was third time. 300 pft again. going Ground 196 hoping maybe switch to Air down the road. not getting any younger..(28 in June)...Best of luck to everyone.

I thought you went to OCS with a ground contract?? Good scores by the way.

blur

A-pool
Nice job Thull...good luck.

Anyway...here are my scores. Just missed the August board so September will be my first shot.

Major(s): Computer Science/Economics double-major
GPA: 3.17
ASTB: 6/6/6 54
LORs: 1 CS prof, 1 Econ prof, former employer, & priest
High school varsity sports (baseball and football).

Wish me luck...

thull

I thought you went to OCS with a ground contract?? Good scores by the way.

Thanks...I was going last June but I pulled a tendon in my leg about a month before and has taken forever to heal, but is pretty much good to go right now so alls set for Ground 196... I'm being extra careful not to f#$% anything up this time :)... it's been a long wait. Solid scores there, Blur...good luck.