• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats and Scores

MasterHaynes86

THE FOLLOWING STATS ARE WHAT I SENT IN ON MY APPLICATION FOR OCS

ASTB - 6/6/6 (yea, i know... )
OAR - 60 i believe
applied with a 4.0 GPA from HS my first semester of college (so no college transcripts were ready) but i had to provide my classes and grades at the time and I was at about a 3.5.
4 years of football in HS, black belt in shotokan (only took 6 years). First

First PFT ever taken was like a 225, sent my app in with a 235 or so (and that was with piss poor pull ups)

I shippped to OCS in 1st incremement Jrs 2005 with a 235 PFT, but i was solid in it meaning i could run it hot, cold, windy, calm, wet, dry, or iced environment... I had been suprise moved from 2nd incremement to 1st and i wasn't COMPLETELY ready that year... Srs this year with a 260ish...

hope this helps someone

SETX07

Here is a little something to show people what has been accepted.

When I applied for PLC back in 2003 I dont think my ASTB were nothing to brag about. I actually cant even remember what they were. My LOR's were not from the President of the United States or anything like that. One from a college professor, one from a high school teacher, and another from an Admiral that my father new while he was in. My GPA was suckin' it at or around 2.5 for electrical engineering. Played sports all through high school. My PFT was something like a 280. I wrote a kick ass motivational statement.

I put the time in and I think the OSO saw that I really did want this.

I got excepted.

The most important factor though is that when I showed up to Quantico I took care of business and graduated from juniors and seniors.

So if your ASTB isnt a 15/15/15 with an OAR of 10,000 and your GPA isnt 4.0 with a double major in chemical engineering and physics and you dont have LOR's from presidents and kings you are not so totally screwed

Moral of the story...apply anyways.

quid.non

hmm...
Backing up what SETX07 said: My scores when applying were

7/7/7 58 on the ASTB
2.5 GPA in Hisotry Technology and Society from Georgia Tech
President's Undergraduate Research Award
LOR's from Profs, Bosses and 2 0-6s

Ended up getting Pro-Rec for both SNFO and SWO. Point being, that the Navy is smart enough to look past individual components like a crap GPA and look more at your whole picture.

Now if only I could start now instead of waiting the rest of the summer. Honestly I'm just thankful to get in.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
7 years AD enlisted in USMC
Combat tour in 2003
9/9/9 64
3.62 GPA
B.S. in Physics at Georgia State University (Grad in May 08)
272 PFT
OCS 1st increment 2005
Still waiting on MCRC for a flight guarantee, but it hasn't been long.

Livin' the Dream.

BTW I think this thread is huge friggin self lovefest. Carry on.

cdrsniper

Lovin' life....
Active Duty Navy for 7yrs.
44 OAR
5,6,5 ASTB
3.63 GPA B.S. Organizational Management from University of La Verne
Sailor of the Year for my command
Sailor of the Year for COMACCLOGWING
#1EP out of 85 E5's
Applied for SNA,NFO,and AMDO

Got selected for all three, chose Pilot, going to OCS in Sept this year.

millerjd

Stayin' alive
OAR 56 6/7/8
3.26 GPA Software Engineering
PPL w/ About 80 hrs
7 Years CAP (Incl being Squadron Commander for Squadron of the year several years in a row, 2 real SAR missions)
Assistant dance instructor for Swing/Salsa during Relay for Life events 2006
Applied SNA, Pro-Rec SNA

wheels

Primary
OAR 59 6/7/5
2.67 GPA Environmental Engineer (3.25 in Major GPA) but only private industry cares about that number.

LOR - Congressman (same one that endorsed me for USNA)
- Capt ex CO of the JFK (prior Aviator)
- Major General (US Army)
- CMDR ex Navy chopper pilot

- 2 clubs at college, with 1 with a leadership role, Private Pilot.

SNA PRO REC!

schwarti

Contributor
OAR 58
BA in Asian Studies and History, 2.8 GPA
MS expected in May 08 in Library and Info Science, 3.2 GPA
LORs-
VADM, current Director, Navy Staff
5 former employers
Leadership role in Judicial Committee in college, some sports, extensive sailing experience, current GS-5 in National Park Service, no real fvckups to speak of, graduated high school in 3 years.

Applying SWO, IW and Supply. Application went in either today or yesterday, recruiter says they might shelve it until FY08 because I won't be done with my MS until May08.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
There had to be divine intervention involved in my pro-selection, but heres my stats:

ASTB: 55 6/7/6
GPA: Was a 2.7 (Finance), but however their matrix does the math it brought me down to a wopping 2.5... I know I suck...
LORs: An admiral that I have known for a long time, a captain that I've known my entire life, 2 managers from jobs I've had, and my plebe year training sargeant whos now a Marine LT.
Flight hours: 10 I think
For extra curriculars I had a lot of high school sports and awards, I also played football for navy until I left, and several marathons. I also worked full time until my senior year in college.

I believe that my case goes to show that they look at the "whole person" concept. My GPA looks like shit. I think, or at least I hope, they were able to see how hard I worked to get to this point. Over the course of the last year I earned a total of 73 credit hours and had somewhere around a 3.5 in my major. I think that was probably my saving grace... That and good timing. For anybody that is in a similar position, bust your ass and it just might pay off.

I feel honored that they've given me a second chance at this and I'm not going to f@ck it up this time.

PRO REC SNA!

Leah

This is my first post, so first let me say thank you to each and every person on Airwarriors for all the help. Y'all's posts have answered tons of questions that I have had throught out the application process!

My Stats:

ASTB: 46 4/4/5 (This was the 3rd try...and no I really am not that dumb!)
I currently have a 3.3 GPA in finance, but I still have a semester left.
LORs were from a college professor, a high school teacher/coach and a family friend.
No extracurriculars in college but I was very involved in high school.

I got word a few days ago that I was Pro-rec'd NFO. After looking at this site and seeing people's ASTB scores and LORs I figured there was NO way I would get an aviation spot. So, my message, like xmid's, is that they do look at the whole person because they obviously saw something in me.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
i dont mean to sound like a dick or anything... but dang, if i had submitted in time for the july board, one of you guys that are pro-rec'd would not be a happy camper because my stats kick most of your stats ass. haha, but congratulations to you all, i'm just jealous.

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
Stats aren't everything. I think this has been established that boards look at the whole person concept...which makes sense, too, because you can't just walk onto a ship or into a squadron, spit out your GPA and ASTB score, and hope to be a good Navy Officer.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
Yea, definitely agree, but I guess I really meant "whole person concept" instead of just stats. I'm a pretty all around guy, but it doesnt matter, I was just kidding. Hope to meet some of you folks in the future and looking forward to serving with you guys.

McCPilot

SNA Final Select
8/8/8 OAR 62
2.6 GPA
BS Aeronautical Science w/ professional pilot concentration at ERAU (Prescott)

Flight experience:
1200 flight hours
Ratings – Multi/Single-Engine Instrument Commercial (Fixed Wing)
Upset Training/Aerobatics Course
Jet experience

Just got Pro-Rec’d SNA on my third try, persistence pays off guys, don’t ever give up if this is your dream!

And yes… this is most definitely a love fest lol!

Leverton27

Baylor University: BA International Studies & Biology
GPA: 3.91
OAR: 54
LOR: 1 from former Head of Department of Energy; 1 from previous Boss; 2 from previous College Professors.
College Experience: International Debate Team, Tutored football players, Active in Fraternity, Study abroad, Student Emergency Medical Technician

**Applied for Intel/NFO-- I got Pro-Rec'd for NFO on June 29, 2007--Couldn't be more pumped up!