• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So you want to be a CAG (but can't)...

Pags

N/A
pilot
^^This. How can so many aviators posting in this thread have such a fundamental misunderstanding of how things work in a CSG? This baffles me, and proves my point. Crack a pub or two before you decide to have opinions, people. :D

Brett
I guess I should have caveated my second post with "I'm not a cvw guy.". After posting that I did find myself thinking about it later in the day and thinking, "wait...cag is the strike commander....I bet someone else is responsible as asw/asuw commander."

And I wasn't stating an opinion, just an incorrect fact :)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It was explained to me as FNG as: "people generally understand the battle space below them better than that above them" and I've found that's usually a fairly accurate stereotype... except for Osprey guys, who can't even understand a compass, let alone airspace.

/asshole jet guy

Where did a random Osprey slam come in during a discussion of CV ops?

WTF!?!

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Actually the Sea Combat Commander will be the supported commander for these missions. CAG will be a force provider to BZ for ASW and SUW, so while he will be involved in the discussion, CAG will not be the lead for either of these mission.

While this is true, I'll be impressed if you can point to an instance where the DESRONians weren't some of the dumbest and least competent individuals onboard.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
While this is true, I'll be impressed if you can point to an instance where the DESRONians weren't some of the dumbest and least competent individuals onboard.

Easy- when they were embarked on one of the smallboys instead of the carrier.

Next question! :cool:

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
The not so long ago Skipper of VAW-120 wanted a CAG spot badly from my understanding. Great dude, pilot, and even though he had about 200 hours in the Tomcat during a CAG paddles tour, he was a COD driver. Not going to happen ever I think!!!

MasterBates

Tell Mercury (DCAG in question) he's not a strike guy. I dare you. He's bigger than me.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Tony Soprano is the current CVW-1 CAG..... and Spottswoode from Team America is his DCAG....