• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I stay or should I go? Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying And Love HSC.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Correct.

It would appear the Romeo is doing its primary missions for which it is properly equipped and its crews are properly trained (they also happen to align with the navy’s primary missions): SUW, ASW (alert by the looks of the torp on the right inbd pylon), and a secondary mission of LSF. Can’t say how much EW may have been happening at the same time.

Don't be a douche. It's an honest question. Are they putting R's on Amphibs nowadays is ultimately @RedFive 's question. Because up to this point we haven't been made aware of it. (Makes sense they are there for the ASW/ASUW missions...)

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I feel like you could Ctrl F replace VP for HSC. I’m half way through learning a whole new sensor and mission set at the moment and combined maintaining proficiency with all the other traditional VP mission sets, penguin capacity is quickly being approached on the iceberg.
VP is very much alive, kicking, and valued - esp paired with BAMS.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Don't be a douche. It's an honest question. Are they putting R's on Amphibs nowadays is ultimately @RedFive 's question. Because up to this point we haven't been made aware of it. (Makes sense they are there for the ASW/ASUW missions...)
I'd imagine they supplemented the ARG For SOH passgae due to recent issues. Or perhaps they're an ESG and the DDGs HSM Det is using the LHD for gas so the DDG can maneuver as necessary. I'm sure HSC is still there.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So, on this day in history I am left wondering, whose mission set includes recovering space capsules? HS got the call over and over back in the day. Today, HSM or HSC? You may commence the food fight now.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
So, on this day in history I am left wondering, whose mission set includes recovering space capsules? HS got the call over and over back in the day. Today, HSM or HSC? You may commence the food fight now.

Depends on if they land in contested airspace greater than 20 miles from mom. Can’t let them do it too much though or else they will forget how to Starboard-D.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On this day in history, space capsules are recovered on land... in Russia. But, USS Anchorage, with HSC-8 aboard, did recover an unmanned Orion capsule after its test flight in 2014.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On this day in history, space capsules are recovered on land... in Russia.
No duh! And neither HSC or HSM are candidates for retrival of any of the current commercial space ventures. If I had not noticed the avatar I would have thought that a post from @Flash . ?

Notanaviator

Contributor

Right now on Iranian air warriors the Iranian HSC guys are probably crowing about all the SOF stuff they do while the HSM guys are pointing out “congrats you boarded like one tanker in the last 40 years” and everyone else is talking about how it’s a community problem not a Big Iranian Navy problem that perfectly good guys are jumping ship for the Revolutionary Guard.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not meant as a specific question to the last few days' events but a general question...does HSC train to LSF? I can understand it would be much harder since the queuing could be more limited like from either a ship (which can be very hit and miss) or a potentially delayed L16 track.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Right now on Iranian air warriors the Iranian HSC guys are probably crowing about all the SOF stuff they do while the HSM guys are pointing out “congrats you boarded like one tanker in the last 40 years” and everyone else is talking about how it’s a community problem not a Big Iranian Navy problem that perfectly good guys are jumping ship for the Revolutionary Guard.
Seems like this kind of insertion exposes both the helo and fast ropers to a lot of risk, if someone on deck had an AK and wanted to pick them and the helo off. For those of you who have done stuff like this, how do you mitigate that possibility?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Seems like this kind of insertion exposes both the helo and fast ropers to a lot of risk, if someone on deck had an AK and wanted to pick them and the helo off. For those of you who have done stuff like this, how do you mitigate that possibility?

Do it at night, have more than one helo to provide cover, and shoot anything that moves.

Other than vehicle interdiction, VBSS is the highest risk/most dangerous event you can do.