• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

GoVols1998

Yeah, I'm answering the call straight on and have lived a pretty exemplary life since then, full of leadership, responsibility, etc. And i definitely know there are TONS of 18 year olds who lead by example and always make the right decisions.

Sounds like my application is already sent out. Was hoping to get a LOR from my State Senator, but with it sent out already, I am just happy that the process is over!

25/M Non-prior
7/8/8 63 SNA/SFO/SWO
3.14 in Comms

Rest is crossed fingers!

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Here are my stats, going for SNA and NFO

7/7/6 58

Just turned 26 end of July. I'm a Prior service F-16 crewchief (only two yrs of service, volunteered on the early out program Air Force had going on back in 2005. I did this to pursue college and go Officer since I had no time for college with my Job. 10-12 hr shifts per day...)

4 Lor's
One from my professor
Another from the assistant chair
One from a Captain in the USAF
Another from my direct supervisor

Lor's I'm still trying to get..
A Crew Chief on Air Force 1 is supposed to write one for me..
And a retired Navy Officer I'm supposed to meet with this week

Degree: BS in Computer Science GPA 3.35

15 hrs of flight time in a cessna 150

History of leadership:
- RA in college for 2 yrs
- Airman Leader in Air Force tech school

Have not done meps yet. (good ol meps.. How I dread you), Prob do this after I hear back from the board

I'm confused on the new application and it's interview requirements.. Are these necessary for SNA or NFO?

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
I'm confused on the new application and it's interview requirements.. Are these necessary for SNA or NFO?

They are required for all designators. Yet, I believe that applications are grandfathered in, that'd make sense. But then again, many things that have made sense thus far have...well...apparently not made sense to the Navy. Keep trudging. I know I do.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Hey in the new application there is really no where to put your volunteer work. Where are you guys putting this? In the additional remarks section? I already have my motivational statement written out and just don't feel its necessary to add in there. I've volunteered at about 5 places.. each ranging from 6 to 20hrs.. As of right now I have them listed in the remarks section stating the name of the places the amount of volunteer hours, a contact name, and phone number.. Anyone else do this? Should I not do this? Whats the opinion around here? Thanks!

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Under a heading, rank your volunteer activities. Just put how much time you spent in each (Time span...months, weeks, what have you). No need to put contact information for the organizations. They will not nor do they have the time to verify. It's the trust you gain by even submitting to become a Naval Officer.

jlil41

So I know this board is going to be MASSIVE, but has anyone got any info on the number of slots available for designators (swo,nfo,sna)? I know it is hard to say but I was just curious if anyone has heard anything from their OR or other sources.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Why would this board be MASSIVE? I'm sure it's not much different than the others.. Maybe a little more competitive. I wouldn't worry so much on numbers man.. Why worry about what is out of your hands? Will knowing the amount of slots available ease your mind? If so I don't see how because you will never know the number of applicants anyway. Just go sip some Coronas on a beach somewhere enjoy the rest of summer and whatever the results are it is what it is..

jlil41

Why would this board be MASSIVE? I'm sure it's not much different than the others.. Maybe a little more competitive. I wouldn't worry so much on numbers man.. Why worry about what is out of your hands? Will knowing the amount of slots available ease your mind? If so I don't see how because you will never know the number of applicants anyway. Just go sip some Coronas on a beach somewhere enjoy the rest of summer and whatever the results are it is what it is..

I am actually at the beach this week. I said massive because applications have stockpiled from July and August and maybe some from June. So that would at least be double the amount of apps from a normal month. I've been through this once so I know how the waiting game works and your right I can't control the numbers but what would it hurt to know them?

A

AlexSmart

Just go sip some Coronas on a beach somewhere enjoy the rest of summer and whatever the results are it is what it is..

Totally... I had been stressin' about everything the last couple weeks since finishing and turning in my package and my old man set me straight when pretty much the same advice. It's out of my hands now so pick up a case of your favorite summer ale and catch some rays.

"It is what it is" as they say. One of the wisest statements ever thought up IMO.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I am actually at the beach this week. I said massive because applications have stockpiled from July and August and maybe some from June. So that would at least be double the amount of apps from a normal month. I've been through this once so I know how the waiting game works and your right I can't control the numbers but what would it hurt to know them?

What I'm saying is why worry at all. What if it's not what you wanted to hear.. and the numbers are small? Then you will just be even more worried. Man I'll tell you what, I have an incompetent recruiter. I find myself doing all of my own research and addressing things to him he didn't even know. I'm training him some days. He's been in the game for about 3 months, which makes it very very stressful on me because I have a lot of odds and ends being prior service that he has yet to experience dealing with. I feel like every time I talk to him on a new day he has no recollection of what we spoke of the day before. It's a battle I'm fighting with myself to not explode. As of now I'm fighting to make sure I get in everything on time. And sick of emailing him and getting no responses.. Until I call him again. At first I would rely on telling myself, eh if it was that important he would call me and make sure I was working on it. Now I realize if I don't call this dude, I prob would never hear from him again. Kind of scary to think about..

If I was in your shoes.. The last thing I would be doing is poking around on here looking for more reasons to worry. I would be enjoying life and forgetting there is even a board in sept until sept. That's really all I was getting at.
Hmm so maybe it's more about me and how much I'm fed up with dealing with my recruiter and really nothing about you at all?? Nah...

SpaceApe29

Your mom gave me some bad gouge last night...but seriously, RUMINT has no place here.

If you were asking a valid question then let the professionals on the other side of the fence answer the questions. Just know that if you made your packet as competitive as possible then you have all the info you need on this right now. Don't stress, at least you're not leaving to go to Grafenwohr and Hohenfels, Germany to suck mud at the firing ranges as a Platoon Sergeant / coIST Leader from late August till November. We'll know around October what we want to know.

I do have a question for the prior enlisted: if I get final selected for anything will they pull me out of the middle of another Afghan tour to go to OCS or will I have to wait? Double-suck but well worth it.

jlil41

What I'm saying is why worry at all. What if it's not what you wanted to hear.. and the numbers are small? Then you will just be even more worried. Man I'll tell you what, I have an incompetent recruiter. I find myself doing all of my own research and addressing things to him he didn't even know. I'm training him some days. He's been in the game for about 3 months, which makes it very very stressful on me because I have a lot of odds and ends being prior service that he has yet to experience dealing with. I feel like every time I talk to him on a new day he has no recollection of what we spoke of the day before. It's a battle I'm fighting with myself to not explode. As of now I'm fighting to make sure I get in everything on time. And sick of emailing him and getting no responses.. Until I call him again. At first I would rely on telling myself, eh if it was that important he would call me and make sure I was working on it. Now I realize if I don't call this dude, I prob would never hear from him again. Kind of scary to think about..

If I was in your shoes.. The last thing I would be doing is poking around on here looking for more reasons to worry. I would be enjoying life and forgetting there is even a board in sept until sept. That's really all I was getting at.
Hmm so maybe it's more about me and how much I'm fed up with dealing with my recruiter and really nothing about you at all?? Nah...

I hear ya man. Sucks that your recruiter blows. I am really not worrying, what can I control right? I was just seeing what was flying around the rumor mill more or less. Maybe it is all you!!! HAHA!!! Just kidding man hope you get everything in on time.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Man I'll tell you what, I have an incompetent recruiter. I find myself doing all of my own research and addressing things to him he didn't even know. I'm training him some days. He's been in the game for about 3 months, which makes it very very stressful on me because I have a lot of odds and ends being prior service that he has yet to experience dealing with. I feel like every time I talk to him on a new day he has no recollection of what we spoke of the day before. It's a battle I'm fighting with myself to not explode. As of now I'm fighting to make sure I get in everything on time. And sick of emailing him and getting no responses.. Until I call him again. At first I would rely on telling myself, eh if it was that important he would call me and make sure I was working on it. Now I realize if I don't call this dude, I prob would never hear from him again. Kind of scary to think about..

I swear you are talking about my recruiter and my recruiter has been around the block a couple of times. I actually missed the June boards because my recruiter didn't review my package and send it off when they had more than 2 weeks to do so... Do you think it might have to do with being prior? I am a prior as well and my recruiter said they would not be holding my hand throughout the process. I said fine but realize that I have been out for 5 years, many things have changed, and this is my first time applying. I am waiting for my OR to send an e-mail to ensure I am in for the Sept boards and to make sure nothing else needs to be fixed in my package such as LOR's being expired. No need to really complain though as this is on me to make sure I get seen by the boards. I'm just taking things in stride and will have no problems keeping on my recruiter but I realize my OR is extremely busy so I am just trying to walk a fine line between being annoying and being a helpful reminder.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I swear you are talking about my recruiter and my recruiter has been around the block a couple of times. I actually missed the June boards because my recruiter didn't review my package and send it off when they had more than 2 weeks to do so... Do you think it might have to do with being prior? I am a prior as well and my recruiter said they would not be holding my hand throughout the process. I said fine but realize that I have been out for 5 years, many things have changed, and this is my first time applying.

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Is missing this next board because of him. I've been out for 5 yrs as well. I've pretty much lost contact with anyone from my old squadron .. So all my old Lor's are from recent employers and I did manage to get an Air Force Captain to write me one.. Anyway, I think I'm just going to set up and appointment with him and go see him in person. Even though he is an hour away it will prob be worth the drive. I have yet to hear him talk about my OR.. I just assume he is sending it to him.. Bad assumption I presume.. He did talk about rp2? What is that..