• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

tpietsch

Just throwing this out there: assuming theres October boards for SNA/NFO, is there any merit to waiting till then to submit? Consider the fact that there is a two month backlog of applicants for the upcoming board, which makes an already competitive selection process that much more competitive. I'm not scared of competition, but why not wait a month to give yourself a better chance of getting selected for what you want?

My OR told me that after shutting down boards for a few months because of the sheer number of applicants, they typically accept a higher number. I'm not sure what sort of acceptance rate to expect and I'm still expecting it to be a competitive board. This is pure speculation but they probably table a higher number too so I say, go for it. I am.

mbraesicke

Ranger
...they typically accept a higher number...

I was in the February 2010 boards, which was after the skipped month of December and cancelled board for January. On top of that a lot of people that landed in February had been getting rolled for several months, I think one guy had been getting rolled since October. Regardless, I got rolled to March but the Feb board had terrible selection rates, as did March. My processor showed me the numbers for an average month, about 100 applicants and 35 selects. For Feb and Mar he said there were about 400 applicants and 35 selects. It was his opinion that the Navy isn't really hurting for SNA'S/NFO's, and by cancelling/skipping months they can get a large pool of applicants and select the same number, only more competitive.

A

AlexSmart

There is new thread regarding "tabling" that someone started up. I agree; they will probably table a lot of people.

james23

Hoping for the best

19/M BDCP : SNA
3.6 GPA Speech Communication : University of Hawaii
6/6/6 48 (Contemplating whether or not to retake, any advice?)

HS Football, HS Wrestling, HS Baseball
College: Judo, Swimming, Baseball, Debate Tournaments
Board member, Leadership Programs, Volunteer Groups, Academic Groups
LOR: 1 Wrestling Coach, 1 Leadership Coordinator, 1 Professor, 2 Managers from work, 1 Interview NFO (O-5)

Good luck to everyone!

James, I know it will be your decision, but I just wanted to pass along that the documents I have read about Pro-Rec applicants all show that the average scores are 8/8/8 60 range. Of course, many people have come through and been selected with much lower scores. Regardless, good luck!

james23

Thanks Daniel,

I read the documents that the selections were like around the 7's and 7.5s... I'll just give it a go first time around, I believe the reading section really destroyed me. :(

mrkeys25

19/M
BDCP: SNA / NFO
3.5 GPA in Aerospace Engineering from University of Maryland - College Park
ASTB : 58 7/8/8
LOR:
2 Retired Vice Admirals
1 Active Rear Admiral
1 Captain
Dean of UMD Aerospace Engineering School
1 Congressman
1 Friend / Neighbor

2 years internship experience working for NAVAIR - Patuxent River

Strong showing of extracirriculars ranging from varsity athletics to scholastic societies.

N83

I'll be in on this board, as well. Still putting my package together, but it'll definitely be done in time. I'm still studying for the ASTB and will be taking it shortly, and I'm getting in touch with O's that I used to work with for my LOR's. I still have another year before I graudate, but I'm trying to get a lock on an OCS date.

26/M
Prior CTT2(NAC), 5-years
IW/NFO/INTEL
2.97 GPA, working towards B.S. in Physics, George Washington University
597.7 hours on P-3/EP-3
2 NAM's, 1 Good Conduct Medal

College Activities:
Student Veterans of America, Flag Football

GPA is on the rise. Been juggling full-time school, marriage, and working 20+ hours a week.

Not worried about MEPS/PRT. Last PRT (although 3 years ago) was an Outstanding-Low. Have kept in shape since discharge in June '07.

Good luck to all!

ker986

FS IW
I should be in these boards as well. My package isn't submitted yet, but it should be in the next few weeks.

F/24 Non-prior

Applying for SWO/IW/Intel

ASTB: 65 7/7/7

B.S. Biology Appalachian State University (3.9)

Some graduate school at Wake Forest University (3.4) - decided doing research was not the career path I wanted to go down.

LORs:
1 Current Employer
1 Tae Kwon Do Instructor
2 Former college professors

Held leadership positions in various clubs throughout highschool and college.
Heavily involved in martial arts for about 10 years.

Good luck everyone!

SpaceApe29

God willing and my new chain of command willing, I'm possibly in on this one! I have the regulations stating I can do this, this time.

30/M Active duty Army SGT Infantry, 10 yrs service, 8 yrs active.
SNFO/SWO/Intel
TS-SCI Clearance
3.0 BA Criminal Justice
5/6/5 49
LOR: O-3 former XO, fellow NCO's and Junior officers.
In service, no need to go to MEPS.
PRT is not an issue.

God willing, I'm in on this one. I'll be praying for it! I've had to do a lot of homework to find the regulations.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Glad to hear you were able to work it Ape. One Army guy to another, good choice.

SpaceApe29

The best part is that I'm working on getting a letter of recommendation from an O-7 (BG) I used to work for when he was an O-6 (Colonel). He's an awesome guy and his son went to the Naval Academy so he understands. If I get that, my chain of command will be more willing to sign the release. I'll publish the regulations on the army to navy post.