• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Sen Tuberville and Appointment Delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxi1

pilot
One of the most ridiculous euphemisms in our current culture . . .
I’ll share my experience, then shut up.

My wife and I vigorously pursued dash-2 to join our threesome, it was brutal when we were informed that we had a failed pregnancy both times. In concert with our care team, we made the decision to terminate the pregnancies, it was best for her health and for the probability of having a successful one.

She wasnt a member of the military, I was. But the idea of some gatekeeper, not a doctor since we already had a doctor, giving a ruling on whether she would be cleared to travel…even just to see OB-GYN if we were out in the hinterlands…what designator? A URL? A civilian member of some created corps of overseers?

We successfully had two more kids, and mourn the two failed pregnancies.

number9

Contributor
I will attempt to bring this back on topic to the best of my abilities: service members who are ordered to live in a given state should not be denied access to medical care because the state live in doesn't authorize the providing of that care.

Allowing a service member to travel to another state without making them take leave is, in my mind, doing the bare minimum. But apparently that is just a bridge too far for some politicians!

Senator Tuberville, a grown man who prefers to be referred to as "Coach", can go and kick rocks.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I’ll share my experience, then shut up.

My wife and I vigorously pursued dash-2 to join our threesome, it was brutal when we were informed that we had a failed pregnancy both times. In concert with our care team, we made the decision to terminate the pregnancies, it was best for her health and for the probability of having a successful one.

She wasnt a member of the military, I was. But the idea of some gatekeeper, not a doctor since we already had a doctor, giving a ruling on whether she would be cleared to travel…even just to see OB-GYN if we were out in the hinterlands…what designator? A URL? A civilian member of some created corps of overseers?

We successfully had two more kids, and mourn the two failed pregnancies.
My comment (as is usually the case), got lost in translation. i believe in the right for a woman to choose to have an abortion. Full stop. I also believe there is a large segment of our population that uses abortion as DeFacto birth control (data shows that 3% of the population is responsible for 30% of all abortions performed in the U.S.). Outside of medically necessary abortions for the health and well being of the mother, or the child, or perhaps in the case of rape, the narrative that society should embrace and fully support aborting babies because it was an accidental pregnancy, or poor planning, or whatever is something I think we should move away from. I was trying to say that there is nothing "reproductive" or "caring" about aborting a baby outside of what I mentioned above.

Sonog

pilot
My comment (as is usually the case), got lost in translation. i believe in the right for a woman to choose to have an abortion. Full stop. I also believe there is a large segment of our population that uses abortion as DeFacto birth control (data shows that 3% of the population is responsible for 30% of all abortions performed in the U.S.). Outside of medically necessary abortions for the health and well being of the mother, or the child, or perhaps in the case of rape, the narrative that society should embrace and fully support aborting babies because it was an accidental pregnancy, or poor planning, or whatever is something I think we should move away from. I was trying to say that there is nothing "reproductive" or "caring" about aborting a baby outside of what I mentioned above.

Men don't have to deal with the risk of having our vagina tear right through to our asshole. Or just, you know, dying. 23.8 deaths per 100,000 births. A lot of risk for someone to take that does not want to be pregnant.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Men don't have to deal with the risk of having our vagina tear right through to our asshole. Or just, you know, dying. 23.8 deaths per 100,000 births. A lot of risk for someone to take that does not want to be pregnant.
Thanks for the biology lesson . . .

taxi1

pilot
My comment (as is usually the case), got lost in translation. i believe in the right for a woman to choose to have an abortion.
I'm with you on your post. Not trying to argue about abortion, instead about the medical care process.

I take issue with the idea that we would have to have some sort of screening system in place before a CO could have orders written so a female member of their command could seek medical care out of state, to make sure she was meeting a state-specific set of rules on where and whether and for what situation they could travel. Who would adjudicate this? A state-assigned unit commissar?

Just females, of course.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
This entire debate is intended to divide Americans into camps, give politicians something to grandstand about (exhibit A: Timmy the Tuba or whatever his name is), and make it easier for elites to influence and/or control people. Now we get a constellation of "one size fits all" policies and policies to counter those policies, and intentional dysfunction, all at taxpayers expense.

don't play.jpg

number9

Contributor
This entire debate is intended to divide Americans into camps, give politicians something to grandstand about (exhibit A: Timmy the Tuba or whatever his name is), and make it easier for elites to influence and/or control people. Now we get a constellation of "one size fits all" policies and policies to counter those policies, and intentional dysfunction, all at taxpayers expense.

View attachment 38434
I agree, but unlike simply bloviating in a speech on the House or Senate floor these actions of Sen Tuberville have real consequences.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I agree, but unlike simply bloviating in a speech on the House or Senate floor these actions of Sen Tuberville have real consequences.
I agree with you- my comment was more about debating the abortion issue as if there’s a “solution” right around the corner. It’s not an issue that I believe can be (or should be) solved by government to everyone’s satisfaction. It’s something that causes otherwise reasonable people to fight each other bitterly- hence, politicians use it as a wedge. That’s not fair to any of us.

Small-minded Timmy refusing to let other people do their jobs until he gets his way is incredibly childish, and encapsulates a lot of what many people hate about Washington.

I also tend to think it’s a systemic failure to allow one obstinate asshole the opportunity to derail so much over a single plank issue. Our system has a number of such weak points which are regularly exploited by asshole politicians.

Last edited:

number9

Contributor
I agree with you- my comment was more about debating the abortion issue as if there’s a “solution” right around the corner. It’s not an issue that I believe can be (or should be) solved by government to everyone’s satisfaction. It’s something that causes otherwise reasonable people to fight each other bitterly- hence, politicians use it as a wedge. That’s not fair to any of us.

Small-minded Timmy refusing to let other people do their jobs until he gets his way is incredibly childish, and encapsulates a lot of what many people hate about Washington.

I also tend to think it’s a systemic failure to allow one obstinate asshole the opportunity to derail so much over a single plank issue. Our system has a number of such weak points which are regularly exploited by asshole politicians.
Gotcha - appreciate the clarification. ?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The problem, and it is a big problem, is that if the Senator's tactic works it creates a precedent that a single Senator, no matter the party, can hold up 3 and 4-star GO/FO confirmations for whatever reason they deem important enough to them. With 100 Senators that is a lot of issues that could cause things to come to a grinding halt, for any administration. That is why Senate leaders have refused to hold individual votes for any 3 and 4-star GO/FO nominees, which they can do, which in addition would be very time consuming to the point they would get little to no 'real' Senate business done.

Apparently the genesis of this idea was the Senator's former military advisor, a retired USNR DCO PAO. Doesn't do much to elevate my previously low opinion of many, but certainly not all, of my USNR DCO colleagues.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
The problem, and it is a big problem, is that if the Senator's tactic works it creates a precedent that a single Senator, no matter the party, can hold up 3 and 4-star GO/FO confirmations for whatever reason they deem important enough to them. With 100 Senators that is a lot of issues that could cause things to come to a grinding halt, for any administration. That is why Senate leaders have refused to hold individual votes for any 3 and 4-star GO/FO nominees, which they can do, which in addition would be very time consuming to the point they would get little to no 'real' Senate business done.

Apparently the genesis of this idea was the Senator's former military advisor, a retired USNR DCO PAO. Doesn't do much to elevate my previously low opinion of many, but certainly not all, of my USNR DCO colleagues.
Would not have believed it had I not read the article. Extrordinary."Where do we get such men" - indeed. Now we know - lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.