• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scooters Forever (A-4 Skyhawk Tribute Thread)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
FLY_USMC said:
I knew this thread wouldn't get 3 posts further without you picking up on that....:)
Then I beat ya .... as it didn't even get 1 post further .... beware the wily Bogey. :icon_wink

The A-4 Skyhawk. The finest tactical jet anyone's ever mounted up ...

A4's Forever!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did you make and paint these? Or just pointing them out to us?

They look very realistic.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
VERY nice, thanks for the link. I flew @ half of those "colors" .... wish I could again, tomorrow. :)

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
No A-4's (orange & white single seaters) that I ever saw .... BUT: if you're talkin' F-11's and F-9's ... different story. :)

The F-11 was really a good looking jet.
F11f_grumman_tiger.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The F-11 was really a good looking jet.
F11f_grumman_tiger.jpg

It was a sharp lookin' bird .... unfortunately for the F-11 and its Fleet applicability, the Crusader was mo' bettah' ... :)

But can you imagine strappin' on a A/B-'ing, fire-breathin' MONSTER like the F-11 Tiger as a STUD in Beeville or Kingsville??? :)

Can you??? WOW!! What a ride!!! :D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I love the 'sader... particularly this monster that lost out to the phantom.
F8U-3.jpg

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

But can you imagine strappin' on a A/B-'ing, fire-breathin' MONSTER like the F-11 Tiger as a STUD in Beeville or Kingsville??? :)

I was too late for the F-11 unfortunately.

But I did get some time as a stud in VT-24, in the single-seat, AF-9J.

No AB, and not great lines, but we could get it transonic … on a good day. Another Grumman Ironworks' workhorse……….:)

af9jaq9.jpg

Pugs

Back from the range
None

Can you??? WOW!! What a ride!!! :D

Dr Milt Bank at ASO was one of the studs who got to fly the Tiger and had some great "Today the Navy is good" tales.

It really is the perfect looking fighter. It's the one we all drew in our notebooks in grade school, pointy nose, bubble canopy and everything swept back. No one EVER drew a V-22 in those margins! ;)

Pags

N/A
pilot
It really is the perfect looking fighter. It's the one we all drew in our notebooks in grade school, pointy nose, bubble canopy and everything swept back. No one EVER drew a V-22 in those margins! ;)

Most planes (mine all seemed to be prop fighters) I drew in my notebooks had sharks teeth too. Perfect nose art for those of us who can't draw hot chicks.