• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scale model fans...questions and showcase of work

Citation3

Much better pictures now...looks pretty convicing now.

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0308.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Word. I have a 1/32 Hornet I need to go and do when I can find sometime and a place to do it. Any advice on how to do it?

Just check out Citation's work for inspiration. I've seen the VFA-103 jet he did up close and it's utterly amazing.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Nice work. My dad spent a lot of time on the America, + 1 for making one of it's birds.

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
Couple links to mine.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal4/3501-3600/gal3504_F-14B_Hall/00.shtm

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal7/6801-6900/gal6830-F-18-Hall/00.shtm

I've currently got a 1/35 AH-1W NTS upgrade on the table, but need to get some good reference photos of the gunner's panel and glare shield. The one in the kit is still from a non NTS bird, and the resin one from Cobra Company is to large to actually fit correctly. So I'm kit bashing part of the resin panel with some home made photo etch panels, and using a brass sheet to make the glare shield. Just having a hard time getting the shape right.

Also on the table: 1/35 UH-60L coverting to a HH-60H, 1/32 MiG-29, and waiting to be started is the 1/48 A-6E and EA-6B. :)

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
Word. I have a 1/32 Hornet I need to go and do when I can find sometime and a place to do it. Any advice on how to do it?

Well, could always reduce the cant on the vertical stabs, spread the engines out a little, get the wings to sweep, give it some balls and call it a Tomcat. :D

Otherwise if you want, shoot me a line. If you have the Academy kit, I built that one as well. Lemme know what you are looking for IRT "advice"

navyao

Gypsy 200...it's finally done. Special thanks to HJ, EODave, Badger16 and everyone else who answered questions I asked.

Gypsy200001.jpg

Gypsy200007.jpg

Gypsy200012.jpg

Gypsy200018.jpg

Gypsy200036.jpg

Pags

N/A
pilot
I just picked up a Kitty Hawk 1:32 scale T-28B/D for about 60 bucks.

https://www.kittyhawkmodel.com/product?lightbox=dataItem-il7eo6m4

I'm doing the T-28B build with VT-27 markings (my first command in 1974)

Adding it to my Tamiya 1:350 CVN-65 and my Kinetic 1:48 C-2A(R) builds.

Sorry for the necrothread.

I wasn't sure if there were still any scale modelers left on the board.
I had returned to models a few years ago but had a bad run and what should have been an enjoyable hobby became a stressful frustration. So I packed it all away and am taking a "deep breath" for a little while.

In the meantime I've found other things to do with my time:
IMG_5158.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5166.JPG
    IMG_5166.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 6