• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scale model fans...questions and showcase of work

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
About 40% of the troops were in the new BDUs. Here's another 312 shot

March2009Fallon030.jpg

HJ Photo

Nice missile sponge. Get away from that dude, because you can get a tally on that thing from 5 states away.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Nice missile sponge. Get away from that dude, because you can get a tally on that thing from 5 states away.

Let me guess. Your CAG bird is tactical right? Welcome back from TSTA. Oh and nice ready room in S.C.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
CAG birds may not be tactical, but they are always the center of attention when you fly anywhere.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now you see it, then you don't

CAG birds may not be tactical, but they are always the center of attention when you fly anywhere.

Not hard to go tactical when needed

Gypsy airshow paint scheme in August 1990 prior to embarking for Desert Shield

Gypsiesoverdesert.jpg

Over Saudi Arabia after a few gallons of water-based paint are applied with mops while "Doing the Ditch"

LowLevel-1.jpg

HJ images

Citation3

How about this F-14D Tomcat model...VF-31 Last cruise

Alright guys...what do you think of the second attempt?

I took your advice to heart on this one and made this line jet dirty as hell. It does not show real well with the flash but I have tons for hand prints from wiping your filthy hands off on this bad boy.

I also added the yaw string per your advice and even the windshield rain removal jets.

The supplies.....
IMG_3089.jpg

The results....
DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks great! One other suggestion . . . a lot of times, jets will have panels swapped/pulled, and so the dirtiness may actually stop/differ on the borderline between two panels. Also, a jet may be given from one squadron to another, and receive a new modex. Not having time or money to repaint the whole jet, the squadron may initially just repaint the modex numbers on the nose and insignia on the tail. That would leave a spot of brand new paint essentially under where the decal would go, while the surrounding finish is older. This may also happen on the canopy rails where the crew's names are.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
maybe some red colored olive oil in tin foil drip pans under the daily doors?

hell, splash some on the side of the hydraulic service door where they bleed the hyds on start... My RIO showered in the stuff at Mountain Home AFB airshow when we tried to bleed out the air... pretty funny from my seat in the jet...

minutia... nice work.