• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scale model fans...questions and showcase of work

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HJ,

What's the flag above Navy on the fuselage?

Found a better one for you

PicturesAugust2008024.jpg

HJ Photo

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice to see that we're getting some color back. Has "lo-viz only" gone away?

Not really and no. Squadrons have been allowed 1-2 Airshow/CAG/CO aircraft for decades so you (and that mouse in your pocket) aren't getting some color back, it was always out there. Plenty of low viz aircraft still on the ramp!

Ragin' Bull in Low viz last week at Fallon
Bull302.jpg

Ragin' Bull CAG bird in color
March2009FallonSunday046.jpg

HJ Photos

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Low viz vs full color

Dragon Zapper in CAG livery
March2009FallonSunday078.jpg

Low viz
March2009FallonSunday034.jpg

Seahawks sport pretty similar schemes
March2009FallonSunday099.jpg

Marines in living color
March2009FallonSunday058.jpg

Checkerboard in Low Viz
Checkerboard.jpg

Gunslinger in full glory
FallonMar2009223.jpg

HJ Photos

navyao

That 312 CAG jet is sharp! HJ, the MECH walking behind the starboard wing of Gunslinger 403, what's he wearing? Are Sailors wearing blue BDU's now?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That 312 CAG jet is sharp! HJ, the MECH walking behind the starboard wing of Gunslinger 403, what's he wearing? Are Sailors wearing blue BDU's now?

About 40% of the troops were in the new BDUs. Here's another 312 shot

March2009Fallon030.jpg

HJ Photo

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Thats the new godawful Navy Working Uniform...goes along with the shit PT gear and new Enlisted Service uniform

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah, Zappers. Some good dudes in that squadron.

navyao

That pic's even better. There's something about a checkerboard I've always liked. I designed my agencies new uniform patch and incorporated a slanted black and white checkerboard band to signify that we operate day & night, it looks cool. Regarding those new uniforms, hmm? I for one absolutely hated wearing dungarees, I thought unless you could keep them creased and clean they looked like crap. When I got to the squadron and could wear coveralls I was thrilled. I thought the Navy blue trousers and dungaree shirt looked good, we didn't look like prisoner's anymore...

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Actually the Gypsies fly both lot 28 and lot 29 jets. Might want to get your facts in order.

OldNavy

Not really and no. Squadrons have been allowed 1-2 Airshow/CAG/CO aircraft for decades so you (and that mouse in your pocket) aren't getting some color back, it was always out there. Plenty of low viz aircraft still on the ramp!

Ragin' Bull in Low viz last week at Fallon
Bull302.jpg

Ragin' Bull CAG bird in color
March2009FallonSunday046.jpg

HJ Photos

That's not a mouse in my pocket heyjoe. I'm just happy to see you ;)