• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rescinding selection for SNA?

vbts13

Hey guys,

I was wondering what are the odds of my selection being rescinded for SNA. I was selected at this last board, but I am back in school getting a 2nd bachelors degree currently. I finish in May, but my ship date is next Saturday (9/23/23). I told my recruiter I was in school still and he said they may rescind the selection to send someone else who can go on that date. Does anyone know a relative probability or have any advice on what I should do given that I want finish this 2nd degree AND become a pilot?

Thanks to whoever replies.
Just an FYI, there are people who were selected for OCS as SNA's over a year and a half ago who still haven't shipped due to the backlog of students here in Pensacola... The fact you were selected and have a chance to go now is a blessing. If you turn it down now, who knows when or even if you'll get another chance to go.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Hey @Chilledlivin make sure you tell us which route you take. I’ll remind you that OCS and naval aviation are incredibly rare opportunities and that education, like an additional degree, is always an available option (to include some great navy programs) throughout your life. Do it, and you won’t regret the choice.

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
Just to dogpile. Go to OCS. This is a no brainer. Even after four pages I'm having a very difficult time understanding what the hold up is.

The only second bachelors worth its salt is if you get a PPE from Oxford as a Rhodes or Marshall scholar. That is a very niche circumstance and the value isn't in the degree.

Just to update you all, I asked to be rolled out until after graduation. If it's accepted, then there is no worries whatsoever. If not, then I am in the same situation.

I also learned that my recruiter put the wrong OCS availability date on my APSR which is how this happened originally.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Just to update you all, I asked to be rolled out until after graduation. If it's accepted, then there is no worries whatsoever. If not, then I am in the same situation.

I also learned that my recruiter put the wrong OCS availability date on my APSR which is how this happened originally.
Thanks for the update. Personally, I think you’ve made a mistake but the good news is that many mistakes are recoverable. If you are fortunate with this one you’ll be the guy in flight school with two degrees (maybe your call sign can be “Dung” for B.S./B.S. - not too shabby ?). If, however, they say thanks but no thanks then you get to be the guy with two degrees qualified for one high school teacher position. Still a noble outcome.

I hope option one works out for you.