• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rescinding selection for SNA?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
The Navy has more than enough folks who would give just about anything for the opportunity you've been offered. The Navy will find someone who meets their criteria on their timeline.

Turning this slot down is absolutely dumb. When you get to flight school you're going to look back on this moment and not be able to believe that you would even entertain the idea of doing something you know you can do anytime. You've already got a bachelor's degree- how many sets of military pilot wings do you have?

number9

Contributor
I will say, it is a mathematics degree and I would like to get into the "STEM" category for anything post-military. It is also costing me $0 currently due to the VA paying for it (Dad's GI bill...awesome benefit). Does that affect your response at all?
I'm just a dirty, non-aviation reservist but I have an undergrad degree in Economics and an MBA with a STEM designation.

Stop going to class, stop doing homework, and go to OCS right god-damn now.

TheBirdy

pilot
I was working on my Master’s in CompSci when I got picked up for OCS. Still had about a semesters worth of credits to finish back then. Still have the same amount of credits to finish now.

Go to OCS, and don’t look back.

When you submitted did you put your date available as after May, did you have a degree completion plan or something indicating you were in school?
No. Sadly, my recruiter did not tell me this was a thing and has been a 0/10 helpful. I didn't even know this existed until I asked to find a new recruiter after this board. Then I was selected...

For everyone who responded, thank you so much. I truly value all of your inputs and it seems a universal consensus that I should stop attending school. Trust me, there is nothing I want more than to not be in class so I will bring this up with my parents and see their opinions with all of you in mind. Nothing against any of you, but my parents have been paying for my school and I want their opinion as well.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
…but my parents have been paying for my school and I want their opinion as well.
Totally understandable.

My parents also paid for my school…and they were NOT in favor of me going to AOCS with a pilot slot…but this is an opportunity of a lifetime that may not present itself again…seize the day (9/23/23).

taxi1

pilot
For everyone who responded, thank you so much. I truly value all of your inputs and it seems a universal consensus that I should stop attending school. Trust me, there is nothing I want more than to not be in class so I will bring this up with my parents and see their opinions with all of you in mind. Nothing against any of you, but my parents have been paying for my school and I want their opinion as well.
If you want to be a pilot but don’t because mom & pop, high chances that will be a wound that festers.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
That’s understandable, but if your parents tell you to “stay in school” for a second degree that will add no value to your future, then give them a hug, tell them you love them, and let them know they will be tops on your invite list for your commissioning and winging ceremony. I love my mom, but she has been wrong in her life.

That and don’t drink Dunkin coffee out of the box…or just don’t drink Dunkin coffee.

If you want to be a pilot but don’t because mom & pop, high chances that will be a wound that festers.
I agree. My dad was a Navy jet pilot and has been in the Navy now for nearly 32 years. He is totally supporting me joining, no doubt. It's so much as I would rather talk to them than not. He knows a lot of what this is like seeing as he went through it as well, and I know they would appreciate me at least asking for the advice and giving them my opinion.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
That and don’t drink Dunkin coffee out of the box…or just don’t drink Dunkin coffee.

You forgot to not recommend wearing two vintage Speedmasters [at the same time] while wearing a retro Hooters hat…

IMG_0944.jpeg