• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about money

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
For a sample of the conversion- when I was looking to finance my house they added 25% onto the value of my BAS and BAH because it wasnt going to get taxed.

Also, one thing i forget sometimes is that a benifit of being active duty is you can claim residence in a state that has no income tax. Switching from VA to FL saved me some money.

From what ive seen and the people ive talked to, the O-1 years are the least comfortable you are going to be. If you can survive those, you should be alright. Even if she just gets a temp job it will make things better- a bit more money, and she'll have something to fill her days with.

Edit- Thats a good link above... when i did it, it didnt take into account the BAH increase for the New Year.

bennett4362

deployment sucks
navy times published an insert a couple of weeks ago that lists the civilian equivalent of military pay (all things considered); for an O1 with less than two years, it was around $45,000.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Women_evil.jpg

Source credit: I believe it was GodSpeed who first posted this a while back.

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
thanks alot guys for the info. And she is not dictating my life, if she were I would be a police officer in Chicago by now.