• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PS3 Vs XBOX 360

Which do you plan on buying (or would you buy), if any?

• Total voters

stew47

I recently just purchased my PS3 and it is amazing. The best thing about the PS3 is that you don't have to pay to play on the internet. I am also lucky enough to have a roommate that has XBOX 360, so I can play Halo when desired.

The only bad thing I have to say about the PS3 is that I now only have $50 in my bank account because of it. :(

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
... Plus the PS3 is the only Blu-Ray player immune to the Blu-Ray disk updates, which leaves all other Blu-Ray players obsolete ...
spin or not fully informed ...

PS3 is the only player out that is capable of being updated to the 2.0 profile (it's at 1.1 right now - 2.0 isn't suppose to be ready for a few more months). Only a couple of BD players out right now are at 1.1, most are 1.0. What does that mean? Nothing really, unless you want access to PIP and some interactive stuff on the disk (1.1) and internet connection capability (2.0). If you own a 1.0 Blu-ray player, you will (supposedly) be able to watch 2.0 profile disks, but unable to access the interactive content or internet stuff ... but the player won't be obsolete.

As for my X-Box 360 HD-DVD player, well I guess I joined the losing team ... at least I'm only out $180 bucks for the player and the handful of movies I bought can be played in my regular ole DVD player - one of the perks with HD-DVD is (was) a lot of the movies were released with HD-DVD on one side and the other side was for regular DVD. Suppose I'll wait for Blu-ray to drop in price and mature a bit before I buy ... only a couple currently out are capable of bitstreaming Dolby True HD & DTS-HD audio and they are pricey

S/F

kejo

pilot
I bought the XBOX elite version a few months ago and can't speak highly enough about it. I play it on a 40" Sony Bravia LCD and the picture is amazing, especially when i'm wrecking shop on COD4.

As far as XBOX and the future of HD DVD...I can't find any info saying that there can't be any future compatibility between a Blu Ray add-on player (like the current HD DVD drive for 360), and the 360 itself. Sorry I'm not a huge computer guru but why couldn't that be possible?

I guess not...

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2212165/blu-ray-xbox

Delta

Marine OCS Applicant
I prefer 360. I just recently acquired a ps3 and have yet to play it (came with new TV my bro bought)

I have Call of Duty 4 now on 2 systems lol

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
So you're telling me that the PS3 can be upgraded to have more blue ray functions...

And it only costs $400 as opposed to the stand alone models which can cost 600 or more...?

Why would I want to buy any blue ray player other than the PS3?

Seriously I'm looking to get an HD player and since blue ray's all that's left...

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Why would I want to buy any blue ray player other than the PS3?

Seriously I'm looking to get an HD player and since blue ray's all that's left...

PS3 is better than a standalone, even if you don't play video games.

HD-DVD is going away, and going away fast. Get blu-ray and you're set.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
So far my only piece of enjoyment I have really had has been my Xbox 360. The Guitar Hero and Rock Band Games and kit has been awsome and was a saturday night staple including several of the colonels.

MasterBates

I own an Xbox and the only game I have is GH-Metallica..

(And I can't beat The Ace of Spades on hard, and it's pissing me off)

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I own an Xbox and the only game I have is GH-Metallica..

(And I can't beat The Ace of Spades on hard, and it's pissing me off)
MB, you're disappointing me. The tough-as-nails manatee-fighting PUMA-dwelling tailhooking and helo-driving he-man of AWG fame can't beat Ace of Spades on hard??

:)

Great game though right? I love it.

Why would you get a PS3? Xbox has Halo 3 and costs less. Live costs $3.85 a month if you buy a $50 13 month card on Amazon.com, so the cost is negligible and you get something in the form of quality online experience for your money.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Why would you get a PS3? Xbox has Halo 3 and costs less. Live costs $3.85 a month if you buy a $50 13 month card on Amazon.com, so the cost is negligible and you get something in the form of quality online experience for your money.

Well, since you asked, better graphics, you don't have to pay to go online. Inherent wireless which you don't have to pay extra for. Wireless controllers and bluetooth. Game selection is on par, and Halo wasn't as awesome as I thought it was gonna be when I played it. Blu ray disc support. Add up the difference in base cost and all the add ons you pay for with the Xbox, I think the Xbox costs more.

Just my opinion, but you did ask.

JTB7

Pill_Hacker said:
"Prototype"

I have rented both Prototype and Infamous(ps3 only) They are both alike, and i find Infamous to be better.

The ps3 has blue ray, better games, free online play, doesn't get the red ring of death, wireless controllers are bluetooth, and its not made from Microsoft. What could be better?

RussBow6

PS3 definitely.

i'm not a big gamer... i think i only own the metal gears, madden's, and i'm starting to get into fifa. its mostly for movies and the occasional madden challenge from doomed souls. blu ray won the hd/blu ray battle so ps3's blu ray player was the deciding factor for me. couldnt be happier. i have my ps3 hooked up to my vizio with hdmi and it looks awesome. not as good as a samsung or pioneer kuro would look but it works for me. i'll get a little bose surround sound deal and i'll be all set with my novice home theatre haha

sfrankie08

pilot
I have both systems, while the 360 is cheaper, if you want to play online, you have to pay for it. If you want wireless internet access as opposed to via modem, you have to pay extra for a wireless reciever.
The one thing that I do prefer about the 360 though is there are usually more people online playing than there are on ps3. I'm sure that will change here once the prices starts going down on it though..