• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PS3 Vs XBOX 360

Which do you plan on buying (or would you buy), if any?

• Total voters

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
RB 6 has a great multiplayer provided you dont play it like Halo. Your a lot more likely to find your fellow military friends to have some understanding of the whole use of menuver and team work vice charge the enemy with a shotgun and then corpse hump him.

You see that Penny Arcade comic?;) So true. Good stuff. You forgot about reloading in doorways!!

Kycntryboy

pilot
Agree with most here(own Wii and 360 along with a ****load of other systems)
-The main thing that drives me is there is not anything on PS3 that has an exclusive franchise that I want to play (Halo=Xbox, Zelda=Nintendo)
-I think Microsoft learned there lessons about making people buy extra crap (a.k.a. DVD Dongle or whatever it was called to play DVDs) -if you don't have a modded xbox get one
I think the Wii is awesome because it has built in wireless, plus it going to have there past libraries for sale online (mario 64 the like)
The wii also has an SD slot for pictures and "editing" which I find to be pretty cool

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
there is not anything on PS3 that has an exclusive franchise that I want to play (Halo=Xbox, Zelda=Nintendo)

The only thing that comes to mind is Metal Gear Solid 4. I'm torn between not spending $600 on a PS3 sometime next year, and not finishing the series I started years ago. It may not be worth it for just that one game specifically, although MGS3 did influence me to finally buy my own PS2.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Definitely Xbox 360 becaues of this... .
Looks like they went all out for this one...

AppleCello

Why not both? I'll bring the PS3, someone else bring the 360 and we should be set.

Halo 3 is great, and can't do without Grand Theft Auto.

Jay

I played PS3 on a 50" yesterday with a 720P(I think) game and it was absolutely amazing. I, unfortunately, haven't seen the 360 in action, but I'm really tempted to drop $600 for the PS3, unless the 360 wows me when I find someone who has it. BTW, the picture put my computer gaming to shame.

tiger84

LT
pilot
I just picked up a 360 a few days ago and I love it so far. I'm still working on buying a 50" plasma so I can't speak for the HD qualities, but gameplay is awesome and I love the controllers. They changed the old xbox controller just enough without sacrificing its good qualities. I've played a demo PS3 and it wasn't bad, although I'm sure it's a much better experience on a decent television. However, I've never been a fan of the Dual Shock turned SixAxis controllers, so that's a big turnoff for me.

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
played Xbox 360 on a 65" 1080p HDTV, at my neighbors place. Playing Gears of War was pretty insane on that. Can't wait for Halo 3.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
had the chance to play both the 360 & PS3 yesterday on a 34in Sony HD widescreen @ 720p ... Madden07 on both systems and Call of Duty3 on PS3. PS3 looked better with Madden in my opinion.

played Xbox 360 on a 65" 1080p HDTV, at my neighbors place.
the 360 maxes out at 1080i ... though most people will say beyond 6 or 7ft you can't tell the difference between 1080i & 1080p