• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PS3 Vs XBOX 360

Which do you plan on buying (or would you buy), if any?

• Total voters

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Another Wii plug: I finished Zelda a few days ago. Probably the best game I've ever played. Ever. And, I've played tons. The graphics aren't as flashy as something on a 360 or PS3, as the game also runs on the GameCube. But, who fuc&ing cares? It's all about how fun the game is to play.

Wii Sports looks like it was made in '92 or something, but I still keep popping the disc in for fun times, especially with friends. This is part of the reason the Wii is outselling PS3 at greater than two to one. Nintendo realized it's all about how fun games are, not so much what they look like.

PS3's and 360's are great at impressing the neighbors, and I'm sure they have fun titles on them. I've had more fun on the Wii for my dollar than anything else, though.

/end rant

JIMMY

just picked up an xbox 360 w/ gears of war. FREAKIN awesome:). i havent had a console since n64. im pretty impressed with how far theyve come.

-jP

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Another Wii plug: I finished Zelda a few days ago. Probably the best game I've ever played. Ever. And, I've played tons. The graphics aren't as flashy as something on a 360 or PS3, as the game also runs on the GameCube. But, who fuc&ing cares? It's all about how fun the game is to play.

Wii Sports looks like it was made in '92 or something, but I still keep popping the disc in for fun times, especially with friends. This is part of the reason the Wii is outselling PS3 at greater than two to one. Nintendo realized it's all about how fun games are, not so much what they look like.

PS3's and 360's are great at impressing the neighbors, and I'm sure they have fun titles on them. I've had more fun on the Wii for my dollar than anything else, though.

/end rant

Right now there is a 360 and a Wii hooked up to the tv... and I'm going to agree with that... The graphics are better with the 360 and its games are cool- but the Wii is more fun to play, especially with a group of people.

brandon n

Banned
hello, i am elite fighter pilot, i beat 1000.000 missions in a each games of the ace combat series. tell me, i am brandon n.

brandon n

Banned
gatordev, i have my own callsigns, the first is blaze, because, i move like blaze, i skimming across the ground, about one inch, at mach 50, and the second is galm one, because, i can't be shot down, and i shot down 59000000.00 aircrafts, my kill scores is 90000.000, and the third one is mobius one, because, i move like stealth, i shot down, enemy aircrafts before they find me on their radars, and the last one is radgriz, or radgriz one, because, i fly the black aircraft, i fly like the ghost or demon, because, i was shot down, and risen from the hell. how do you like that?.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev, i have my own callsigns, the first is blaze, because, i move like blaze, i skimming across the ground, about one inch, at mach 50, and the second is galm one, because, i can't be shot down, and i shot down 59000000.00 aircrafts, my kill scores is 90000.000, and the third one is mobius one, because, i move like stealth, i shot down, enemy aircrafts before they find me on their radars, and the last one is radgriz, or radgriz one, because, i fly the black aircraft, i fly like the ghost or demon, because, i was shot down, and risen from the hell. how do you like that?.

Brandon, I received a phone call from Ms. Hilary Duff this morning and she informed me that as part of her campaign to stamp out illiteracy in the state of Washington, she's going to start by paying you a personal visit. She figured that since you were nice enough to provide your street address, she might as well start with you. Expect her arrival within the next 48 hours.

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

That clears up everything, thanks. I especially appreciate your haiku-like post. If only my life were as fulfilling as yours.

Stupendousman

When Halo first came out, I bought the xbox just for that game...I will do the same for the 360 when Halo 3 comes out. end of story

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
took the plunge and used my $600 plus in Best Buy gift cards from X-mas (that's all i ever ask for anymore for X-mas) and got myself an xbox 360 with HD-DVD & wireless adapter add-on's and hooked it up to my 37' Panny Plasma HDTV ... got Madden07 with the system & it looks sweet. HD movies are gorgeous.

NOSE DiVE

UPDATE: Blu-Ray wins the format war, Wal-Mart, BestBuy, Warner Bros, BlockBuster, NetFlix have all gone Blu-Ray exclusive. Toshiba has even announced and stepped down to say that they will be cutting HD-DVD loses by halting all production of HD-DVD players. Plus the PS3 is the only Blu-Ray player immune to the Blu-Ray disk updates, which leaves all other Blu-Ray players obsolete. PS3 This year will also be getting some heavy hitting game titles such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy 13/Versus 13, Killzone, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo, Uncharted Drakes Fortune 2, God of War 3, the 2nd Ratchet and Clank for the PS3, and the awesomely anticipated Resistance Fall of Man 2 with 60 Player online multi-player, 8 player co-op and 2 separate campaign stories not to mention loads of extras. Hope you like, cause the PS3's future is looking quite good.

Jey

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll still keep my 360, gotta have that Halo 3 fix. :D

PS: Holy thread resurrection!!!

kejo

pilot
I bought the XBOX elite version a few months ago and can't speak highly enough about it. I play it on a 40" Sony Bravia LCD and the picture is amazing, especially when i'm wrecking shop on COD4.

As far as XBOX and the future of HD DVD...I can't find any info saying that there can't be any future compatibility between a Blu Ray add-on player (like the current HD DVD drive for 360), and the 360 itself. Sorry I'm not a huge computer guru but why couldn't that be possible?

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
As far as XBOX and the future of HD DVD...I can't find any info saying that there can't be any future compatibility between a Blu Ray add-on player (like the current HD DVD drive for 360), and the 360 itself. Sorry I'm not a huge computer guru but why couldn't that be possible?
Anything is possible, it's just a matter of Microsoft swallowing their pride, which isn't likely to happen anytime soon. I've heard that Microsoft will just be pushing their content download (not sure if they're allowing the 360 to be pushed out of the High Def movie segment).
I'm sure that Gates and co. will find some technical "reason" why Blu-ray is evil and you shouldn't buy it, especially since one of the cheapest Blu-ray players is the ps3.