• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prt #2

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Just like the normal run you set your own pace. Would it make any sense for the recruiter to limit you on how fast you have to run? It's testing your conditioning.

You must complete a PRT within 30 days of shipping out to OCS. If you already have one done for your program I don't think your recruiter would want to spend the time to do another PRT.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Treadmill running sucks, and I also get the impression that it's harder to run on a treadmill than outside. But I'm either going to do this shit under 11:30 or I'm going to pass out trying.

nugget81

pilot
What about an indoor track at a gym or your school? I went to school in ND and shipped out in the middle of winter. Needless to say running outside wasn't safely possible because of the ice....

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
SAT medium is not the place to be. I was 11:26 before OCS (I let myself go) and barely made sat-medium at OCS. You WILL be tired/sore/stressed and you won't do as well. The humidity of Pcola easily accounted for 30-45 seconds of increased time for me.

In addition, sat-medium is only the standard to stay with your class at OCS. Even in the TRACOM, it is good-low. AFAIK, in flight school, I need to keep a good-low on everything lest "bad things" happen. With that in mind, I need to start getting bad on my possibly stress-fractured leg on the treadmill and get my ass in gear!

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Okay, so here's the important question: exactly what setting constitutes a 1 degree incline?

schwarti

Contributor
Every treadmill I've used has an incline setting, and you just press the UP button once.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
The control on a treadmill that says "incline" showing 1.0.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The control on a treadmill that says "incline" showing 1.0.

My treadmill at home starts at incline "1.5" when it is perfectly flat.

Every treadmill I've used has an incline setting, and you just press the UP button once.
Pressing the up button once goes to "0.5" at my gym and "2.0" at my one at home.

I didn't want to assume that every treadmill measured its incline in degrees.

wannabe1

All this talk of treadmill has me wondering something. . .are we allowed to test on a treadmill? Or is that only allowed once we are out of OCS? There is supposed to be rain this Thursday when I take the 2nd PRT. This is the only day I will be able to take it. I was wondering if we may run on the treadmill or if we have to run in the rain/mud?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
All this talk of treadmill has me wondering something. . .are we allowed to test on a treadmill? Or is that only allowed once we are out of OCS? There is supposed to be rain this Thursday when I take the 2nd PRT. This is the only day I will be able to take it. I was wondering if we may run on the treadmill or if we have to run in the rain/mud?
For me, this was decided by my recruiter, so yea you are. The regulations for the "1 degree incline" are also written on the official PRT instructions. Your best bet is to call yours and discuss the arrangements with him. If he really wants you to do it on a track, then just suggest the treadmill as a backup in case of bad weather.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Well, I passed mine...

PU: 74 - excellent med
SU: 80 - good high
Run: 11:56 - good low

Yea, I gotta work on the speed before OCS. But hey, at least the sudden notice got me used to running 2x/day real quick.