• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prt #2

wannabe1

Hello, all. . .does anyone know why you have to take yet another PRT prior to your OCS date? I thought you only took one PRT that is sent with your packet to the boards, and one PRT that first week of OCS. I'm not complaining, but it seems there is always one more hoop to jump through.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
...but it seems there is always one more hoop to jump through.

Get used to this. I can't tell you how many times that jumping off the 10m tower was the "last time required" among other things. Good thing I like it!!

schwarti

Contributor
I think it's so that you're in shape before you go if there's a delay between your submission and when you actually go. For me, my PRT was in October and I won't go to OCS until September, so having to do another PRT in August makes sense.

nugget81

pilot
It's to ensure that you are still in the proper shape just prior to being shipped to OCS. What good would it do the Navy to send you there if you let yourself go since your application went through? (it does happen)

wannabe1

For those who do "let themselves go", what happens if they fail this 2nd PRT before they arrive on their OCS date? Are they immediately sent to h-class when they arrive?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I've never heard on anyone failing the PRT before OCS. What is your recruiter going to do, call down to OCS and tell them you're not coming because you failed? Not going to happen. The PRT before OCS is easy to pass. What can send you to H is failing or missing a training evolution (PRT). Don't show up to OCS just sneaking by the standards. Form must be perfect otherwise reps will be taken away. I knew a guy who had 30 taken away for not having knife hands (fingers tight together).

Turkleton

I jumped through umpteen hoops to get pro rec'd, as I'm sure many of you did. I'm currently jumping through my 5th hoop trying to get to MEPS. It's somehow comforting to know ahead of time that the end of hoop jumping is not in sight

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Talk about hoops...

My recruiter called me today telling me that I have to take the PRT this Friday. If he had called me a month ago I would've been excited, but snow/cold stopped me from running in the mornings. I was also not expecting to have to do the PRT until after my interviews on Feb 22.

I guess I'm one of those people who "let themselves go," at least in the run department.

So...can anyone confirm what the min time is to run 1.5 mi. for 20-24 year old male? I can get a good high in pushups/situps no problem. I obviously don't plan on showing up to OCS like that, but I was going to pick up running again starting next week...except that this was sprung on me, so yea...

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Right...I've seen the tables. What I'm asking is which score is the min for them to process the app. I'm guessing that means it's good-low?

Not that good-low seems difficult to achieve. I'm actually about to go to the gym and run on the treadmill and was gonna set it for a 11:15 pace and just grit my teeth and bear it. Apparently my recruiter is going to make me do the PRT at the gym I'm signed up for.

Anyone else take the PRT on a treadmill? Do they set it on any particular incline or something or do you just go?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
1 degree incline.

The maximum run time for your age group is 13:15 (Sat Med). Everything AT OCS needs to be Sat Med or higher. If you're BDCP you'll have to make a Good Low in school and before OCS.

schwarti

Contributor
Oh, sorry for the confusion. -1 reading comp for me. :D

For the application, it's good low - at least, that's what it was when I did it a few months ago, and I've heard that passed around as the baseline for the app. I might be wrong, but that's my (limited) experience.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Do you tell them what speed to set it to if you're running on a treadmill? My issue is that I've been running outside, not on a treadmill, and it actually seems/feels harder for me to run the 1.5mi on a treadmill setting my speed to exactly 7.8MPH (1.5 miles in 11.5min) ...I feel like I'm running so much harder/faster than when I run outside. Will my recruiter ask/expect me to set/change my speed on the treadmill as I run?

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
does everyone have to have to do the 2nd PRT or is that only for those who have a long enough delay between 1st PRT and OCS date.