• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pondering living in an RV for Krock...

MasterBates

Looking seriosusly at this one.... $24K out the door, with lot rent, about $500ish a month, and I can write it off on my taxes.

http://www.palominorv.com/palomino/site/floorplanview.asp?name=21&id=22&page=puma

31-FKBS.gif

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can write it off on my taxes.

In what sense? Unless you have some other "unique" financial circumstances, the interest on that thing isn't likely to be more than your standard deduction. I know your finances are AFU right now, but factor that in.

Brett

MasterBates

I am already itemizing due to Alimony and Student Loan interest ($25K+ between the two)..

Not a HUGE thing, but in the end I will own something vice paying for somebody else's investment property..

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am already itemizing due to Alimony and Student Loan interest ($25K+ between the two)..

Not a HUGE thing, but in the end I will own something vice paying for somebody else's investment property..

I have very little trouble imagining you in it. :D

Brett

MasterBates

Disregarding the cousin eddy comments, does anyone see any pitfalls I am not seeing with this?

I know I have to get a storage unit for doing this or geo-baching, to put my guns, dirtbike and furniture in.

It's looking like this plus the storage unit is going to run me about what a 1 bedroom apt will.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Then I would just get the apt...

I don't know. Since cost wise apt v. trailor is going to be a wash, then look at other factors:

1) Get a REAL quantity on how it will affect taxes.
2) Can you walk or bike to the squadron this way and save gas money from out in town.
3) Can anybody here ballpark numbers for utilities out in town for wherever the hell this place is?
4) Is there a such thing as BOQ wherever the hell this place is?
5) Would a chick who would go for a dude like you also go for a dude who lives in a trailor? I'm reminded of that line in Office Space.

You know, stuff like that.

Sounds like you got a super fat shaft in your divorce. Isn't there some kind of appeal process/bullshit flag if you think the judge was genuinely unfair?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Disregarding the cousin eddy comments, does anyone see any pitfalls I am not seeing with this?

I know I have to get a storage unit for doing this or geo-baching, to put my guns, dirtbike and furniture in.

It's looking like this plus the storage unit is going to run me about what a 1 bedroom apt will.

But like you said, you'll have something tangible to show for the dollars instead of nothing.

MasterBates

Just got back from Krock, on a housing hunting list... The PPV is NOT a good deal unless you are an ENS or have 2 roomates (Rent tied to BAH).

The Apt's I saw for $500ish, were how to say, ghettolicious.. My bike would probably be jacked there (no garages). And I still have to get a storage unit to keep my stuff in..

1) Get a REAL quantity on how it will affect taxes.
2) Can you walk or bike to the squadron this way and save gas money from out in town.
3) Can anybody here ballpark numbers for utilities out in town for wherever the hell this place is?
4) Is there a such thing as BOQ wherever the hell this place is?
5) Would a chick who would go for a dude like you also go for a dude who lives in a trailor? I'm reminded of that line in Office Space.

1- About $3000 less liability a years (so maybe $500 extra on refund)
2-Squadron is about a 5 min walk or less, OClub is a 2 min walk.
3-PPV claims $180 a month for average utilis year round
4-BOQ is transient only AFAIK.. And I lose ALL of my BAH ($1300/mo) and DLA ($1600ish)
5-Don't give a flyin fvck what the chicks think... The locals are not hot.

MasterBates

Naval Air Station Kingsville, Texas.

Todays house hunting trip made up my mind.. I can't get anything decent in town without a roomate.. I'm giving the roomate situation til tuesday to see if anything pops, then I am probably dropping the hammer on an RV.