• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Point Paper/Letter Re: Aviation Greens.

Annalisa

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
When AWGs are officially safe I'm going to nominate MB for the Nobel Peace Prize. Can I get a second?

Why wait? He's already been working on this longer than certain other laureates have been in office, and apparently "efforts" are more important than results.

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
Master - just a thought, but we are coming up on the centennial of Naval aviation beginning next year. It would be a shame to kill AWGs during the celebration year. I would recommend your next round of paperwork focus on that to hopefully at least grant a stay of execution for another year. During that time more guys start wearing the uniform and it perpetuates.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
That effort has been referenced several times in the effort to save the AWGs, its been a source of inspiration of sorts.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
It's also been referenced several times in vain attempts to de-stupid new SNAs who think they aren't supposed to wear brown shoes.

I mean, seriously, we had a guy check in to HSL-40 here recently in black shoes! We should turn them away!

gotta_fly

pilot
In honor of Veterans' Day Google is showing its support for the AWG movement!

Okay, maybe it's another service in a similar uniform, but who can say for sure?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
According to the regs black shoes are the standard shoes for AWGs, and brown shoes are optional components. That said, why the hell wouldn't you wear brown shoes with AWGs?

Pags

N/A
pilot
According to the regs black shoes are the standard shoes for AWGs, and brown shoes are optional components. That said, why the hell wouldn't you wear brown shoes with AWGs?

That's just the way the regs are written. Black shoes are the default. As in for a seabag inspection, you're only required to have black shoes. Brown shoes are optional.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Any word on the fight to save the greens? All the working uni's that were replaced by NWUs are done at the end of 2010.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thread resurrection again, MB, any word? I'm currently working with Abbotts on getting my set. I'll be really sad if I get back from deployment and I can't wear them.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thread resurrection again, MB, any word? I'm currently working with Abbotts on getting my set. I'll be really sad if I get back from deployment and I can't wear them.

They're gone in December - that's the word. Save your money.

Brett

MasterBates

There is still a possible stay of execution with 3-star backing. More details when I know more.

2011 = Centennial of Naval Aviation, and it would be dumb to get rid of one of our historic uniforms in 2011.