• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot Slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I really don't know. I wil try to find out next time I'm in the office. Maybe some recent OCS grads have an informal count from their class.

lance

I talked to my recruiter this morning about 06 he said some more BDCP slots opened up again, because they moved some class into 2005. I don't know all the details but according to him their are now some quotas available for 2006.

Speed is Life, More is Better

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That is true. I know two guys that were slated to report in August volunteer to move up to June because CNRC requested it. Don't ask me why. It is probably a money thing. I don't see the sense in rushing to put people through OCS so they can cool their jets in the API pool at a higher salary.

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
Patmack18 said:
Best advice one can give right there...

Coming from a mid still in college... it dosen't come off as salty it comes off as stupid.

Sometimes I think Patmack is too harsh...but AMEN BROTHER! on this note. I'm all for friendly advice, and the old two cents worth, but I'm tired of people who haven't been there or done that waxing poetic on life in the service. Just remember the three most terrifying words to hear from an Ensign (or a mid in this case) "In my experience..."

For those of you out there trying to decide whether or not to put in an application: Decide how badly you want it, then go for it. When I redesignated, I had many senior officers tell me I literally couldn't become a pilot; that the transfer I wanted wasn't legal. Turns out they'd just never seen it done that way before. If I'd listened to Commander Blank, or Captain XXXX, I'd still be sitting behind a desk. None of us knows how many slots will be open next month, let alone next year. Just shut out all the big talk, and spend the time studying to crush the ASTB, or your PRT. Leave tham no excuse to turn you down. If they still do, you'll know there wasn't anything else you could have done. Trust me, you'll sleep better knowing you gave it your all.

OK, rant/pep talk done now. Must study instruments... :eek:

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
lance2 said:
I talked to my recruiter this morning about 06 he said some more BDCP slots opened up again, because they moved some class into 2005. I don't know all the details but according to him their are now some quotas available for 2006.

Speed is Life, More is Better

I met with my recruiter today and commented on my above comment.
He said that 05 opened up some slots and took new applicants (non-BDCP) and I assume moved people forward as well. He said that 06 was still relatively open. He said something to the effect of 05 being closed to BDCP because obviously anyone graduating in May would already have their application in. It would make sense that 06 would still have some slots left over for BDCP as 06 graduates are atleast 14 months from graduation.

Status
Not open for further replies.