• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pentagon cuts aircraft carrier presence in the Gulf due to budget

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
You are very correct sir. There are a lot of really pissed off dudes right now. You want to talk about why good officers are leaving? How about this one.

I don't know why they don't send us to relieve Srennis? A) Ike's already done six months and B) I read they were losing funding to finish their deck repairs anyways.

http://defense.aol.com/2013/02/01/navy-will-cancel-maintenance-on-23-ships-on-feb-15-small-shipy/

It could still happened and personally I hope it does.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I'm waiting to see how this is going to affect the deployments down the road. Is everyone going to slide right with the 1.0 vice 2.0 or are they going to just reshuffle the deck based on maintenance, etc? The Bush BG is slated to go this summer. I wonder what they are being told? I bet there are a lot of meetings going on this morning.

danpass

Brinkmanship with our military .......

They could pass bills addressing mil concerns specifically right?

But they won't.
p258313669.gif

Lawman

None
I want to feel sympathy for you guys... But Im on month 11 of a 10 month deployment.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm waiting to see how this is going to affect the deployments down the road. Is everyone going to slide right with the 1.0 vice 2.0 or are they going to just reshuffle the deck based on maintenance, etc? The Bush BG is slated to go this summer. I wonder what they are being told? I bet there are a lot of meetings going on this morning.
There are some memos circulating arounf the building detailing the specific deplyments and work-ups that will be CNX'd. (PM me your SIPR addy if you want a copy) HST is just the tip of the iceberg if sequestration happens. I was remarking in the office today that this is probably what the Soviets felt like circa 1991.

Lawman

None
There are some memos circulating arounf the building detailing the specific deplyments and work-ups that will be CNX'd. (PM me your SIPR addy if you want a copy) HST is just the tip of the iceberg if sequestration happens. I was remarking in the office today that this is probably what the Soviets felt like circa 1991.

You Navy guys seeing any kind of major changes in schools and progressions?

What is coming down on the Army side is looking more and more like if it isnt a mandatory school for progression (Staff Courses, NCO schools, etc) units will not be allocated funds for TDY money.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
You Navy guys seeing any kind of major changes in schools and progressions?

What is coming down on the Army side is looking more and more like if it isnt a mandatory school for progression (Staff Courses, NCO schools, etc) units will not be allocated funds for TDY money.

Yup- more or less the same thing just in the last couple weeks.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's the TDY for conferences not deemed mission essential that is off the table for now. For aviation, is that decision level at CNAF yet?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Navy doesn't really use the schools wicket to progress model like the Army does. PME as a requirement doesn't really come into play until the O5 command level. There's no "Captain's Course" equivalent in the Navy.

phrogpilot73

The only reason our staff is getting approved for our TAD funds to Lejeune is because we're an MOS producing school...

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
From the paper this morning:
"Sailors aboard the carrier George H.W. Bush were notified Thursday that they would no longer deploy this summer. The Norfolk-based ship and its strike group, which would have replaced the Truman, are now tentatively slated to deploy in 2014."

"The carrier Dwight D. Eisenhower will deploy later this month, as planned, for a four-month cruise and will be replaced this summer by the West Coast-based Nimitz. The Truman is slated to relieve the Nimitz later this year or in early 2014."

Here is the link. http://hamptonroads.com/2013/02/sailors-across-navy-will-feel-impact-carrier-change

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
This is just one of the 1st steps in our gradual withdrawal from the Mideast. Being a World Cop is a role we can neither afford nor for which we have the stomach. JMHO.

hscs

pilot
In other news, business is booming at the Norfolk Naval Station McDonalds.....