• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pentagon cuts aircraft carrier presence in the Gulf due to budget

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I understand we are essentially looking at cuts intended to be taken over a year. That could have been fixed by congress even if they couldn't reach a larger deal to avid the cuts entirely. But even so, shuttering an air wing and making other cuts that would appear to be long range/term when they are only hustling to get through the next six months? If the problem is they didn't plan or otherwise had to take a 12 month cut in 6, does that mean that in the out years, when more thoughtful adjustments can be made, we are going to get back some critical operations funding? I simply reject the notion that there was no other way to cut the budget. I don't care about stove pipes, various pots of money, non discretionary, etc. Just wait. There will be story after story of idiotic expenditures by DOD the public would have expected to be cut before ships are layed up, maintenance deferred, deployments canceled and air wings shut down. No budget wonk will convince the public these actions were necessary.