• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3's to E2/C2

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Just wondering if anyone has any info on switching selection from P-3's to E2/C2 either during or after advanced in Corpus.

Heard some rumors that it was possible, but not sure if that gouge is good anymore, given the Tailhook selection pipeline now.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know a guy who did this. How?

They needed an E2/C2 guy.

He had listed E2/C2 as his #1 choice but got #2, P-3s.

He had a ridiculously high NSS coming out of T-34s and was kicking ass in T-44s.

(note the part I emphasized)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Not trying to be a dick, but.......who the hell puts E2/C2 first on their list? I'm all for the folks that make a great deal out of it, especially the C2 dudes, but I've never heard of somebody asking for it first. Has anybody here done that?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Not trying to be a dick, but.......who the hell puts E2/C2 first on their list? I'm all for the folks that make a great deal out of it, especially the C2 dudes, but I've never heard of somebody asking for it first. Has anybody here done that?

Some folks have (I know of 4 or 5). I think they are rare birds though. I sure as fuck didn't but made the best of it with the use of alcohol. Same sort of thing I would imagine of those Marines wanting C-130's. I've already flown with a few and thats what they wanted. Also flew with a few studs who wanted E-6's. Not everyone wants to light it up with jets and obviously not everyone has a small penis :p

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Some folks have (I know of 4 or 5). I think they are rare birds though. I sure as fuck didn't but made the best of it with the use of alcohol. Same sort of thing I would imagine of those Marines wanting C-130's. I've already flown with a few and thats what they wanted. Also flew with a few studs who wanted E-6's. Not everyone wants to light it up with jets and obviously not everyone has a small penis :p

A lot of Marines want C-130s. I know several guys who got jets that had C-130s as their first choice. In fact, I know of more jet guys who wanted C-130s than C-130 dudes who wanted jets. There just aren't a lot of slots for them.

I'm not hating on the E2/C2, I just can't see why somebody would choose them first. As a second choice instead of P-3s? Sure.

Anything's better than choppers, of course.:D

cbduke

My first choice out of primary was E2/C2...I wanted to land on the boat but didn't really think I was the jet type, so it sounded perfect to me. I ended up Tailhook, which is the best thing that could've happened because now I actually get to FLY a jet and talk to both E2/C2 and jet pilots before actually making a decision (which is what it has become, I'm definitely seeing the good side to the jet community).
...although I'm probably the only Tailhook student you'll ever meet who's actually happy about it.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My first choice out of primary was E2/C2...I wanted to land on the boat but didn't really think I was the jet type, so it sounded perfect to me. I ended up Tailhook, which is the best thing that could've happened because now I actually get to FLY a jet and talk to both E2/C2 and jet pilots before actually making a decision (which is what it has become, I'm definitely seeing the good side to the jet community).
...although I'm probably the only Tailhook student you'll ever meet who's actually happy about it.

What do you know about the "jet type" while you're in Primary? I'm not trying to single you out, but I have seen a perception that I don't understand amongst Primary students. Can someone in Primary (or recently selected) explain what the jet type is?

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
That wasn't meant as a zing......

When I was in the navy, my first choice was P-3s.:eek:

I was NPQ from jets at the time (anthro).

Thank God for unanswered prayers, I guess.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up from being in the Navy and wanting P-3s to flying Harriers?

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor

A lot of guys in my timeframe put E-2/C-2 first for a couple of different reasons. First, the jet pipeline was so AFU that people were afraid of selecting it and getting caught in another across the board pipeline cut. Also, since so few jet slots existed, the people who were hardcore, tailhook or nothing types were afraid that if there were no jet slots their week then they had to put E-2/C-2 first to have a shot at tailhook. Second, C-2's were considered to be that secret good deal where it had a bad rep on the surface, but the grapevine said slackers could live large (like HC-5 for the helo guys selecting out of advanced).