• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3's to E2/C2

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Having flown most every TRACOM aircraft we own at this point, the T-45 is the easiest to do instruments in.

44 would be easier, but since 90% of the approaches become a button-ex or a brief-ex, the 45 wins. RIs in the 57 suck. Period.

What do you mean by a button-ex or brief-ex?

MasterBates

What do you mean by a button-ex or brief-ex?

Button-Ex = Approach the requires too much use of the "D-U-D Principle" (know it, hate it)
Brief-Ex = Takes longer to talk about the 16 part approach brief than it takes to fly the approach.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Pretty sure all the helo IPs I've met in 18 months of flight training loved their job. Food for thought.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Pretty sure all the helo IPs I've met in 18 months of flight training loved their job. Food for thought.

Just keep in mind that "loving their job" and "loving their community" are two different things.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Care to elaborate on that topic?

Noze's (and pretty much all non-prior SNAs) are only really exposed to TRACOM IPs, so IPs may enjoy what they're doing or the kind of flying (like helos) they did in the fleet, but that doesn't mean they are in love w/ the specific community they came from in the fleet. I've seen it mostly with helo and jet guys. They love flying their platform but some don't want to go back to the job they came from for a multitude of personal reasons.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Having flown most every TRACOM aircraft we own at this point, the T-45 is the easiest to do instruments in.

44 would be easier, but since 90% of the approaches become a button-ex or a brief-ex, the 45 wins. RIs in the 57 suck. Period.

A quick note on this...

I was amazed how much easier RI flying is outside of the VT's. Yes, I have more experience, yes my airwork is better etc...but I can't tell you the last time I flew a full approach. "Request RV to final for..." There doesn't seem to be that desire to make life hard on you once you are outta the VT's.

"You want to shoot what? (VOR/DME RWY 7 @NQX #$%^ that! LL-xx, requests RV to final for PAR RWY 7."

^^^^^^
Scoob's last flight...:D

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A quick note on this...

I was amazed how much easier RI flying is outside of the VT's. Yes, I have more experience, yes my airwork is better etc...but I can't tell you the last time I flew a full approach. "Request RV to final for..." There doesn't seem to be that desire to make life hard on you once you are outta the VT's.

"You want to shoot what? (VOR/DME RWY 7 @NQX #$%^ that! LL-xx, requests RV to final for PAR RWY 7."

^^^^^^
Scoob's last flight...:D

You're at the RAG. Things will change.

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
You should come to Brunswick, there's plenty of RV and lots of visuals when its nice. Of course when its not nice its often PAR's to mins, but that's fun too.