• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3C Tour of Lake Chelan, WA

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
2500' AGL? How the hell are you supposed to see anything on the ground from that high?

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I think I saw my parents place. I flew in to chelan a few Summers back. The strip there is absolutely ridiculous. Obstacles on all sides! But its worth it, I love it there!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cool...but that music... I expected you to try to fly into a cliff...j/k :)

Yes, 2500' AGL is definitely nose bleed territory. :D

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Nice job on the video Pickle, makes me miss Washington and all of it's beauty.

[thread jack] A quick question for you, are all the P3 squadrons painting the red line for prop arc in the tube? We had to paint on one the floor and about 12 inches up each side of the equipment racks this week and was just wondering if it's fleet wide? [/thread jack]

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
I shot this video while on the Navex up to NASWI back in May. We were about 2500 AGL through Lake Chelan, WA. We dropped in at the south end of the lake, drove north and came out by Cascade Pass, just south of Mount Baker, right on final for NASWI.

Where you guys on oxygen being that high?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That video is the best illustration that ORM off duty, de-glamorization of alcohol, consideration of others, liberty campaign plan and organic soy milk in the Iraq DFACs has worked better than the perpetrators could eve have imagined.

Didnt the P-3 do 200 AGL wrap it up kill the sub shit at one point?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Didnt the P-3 do 200 AGL wrap it up kill the sub shit at one point?

It did, but then NAVAIR figured out 40 year old planes ultimate load factors are right around 1g. We manage to avoid this restriction by starting engines, taxiing out to the hold short, canceling for maintenance issues and taxiing back to the line. Then we go trace our electrical diagram for the other 5 hours we were supposed to be flying.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
We were on our way to lower, but I nearly ran over two hang-gliders and got kicked out of the seat...apparently they would make for a VERY big bird strike.

I thought the music was fitting to the afternoon stroll we were taking through there...I'll save the Metallica for some low-level, missile-shooting,pirate hunting...

Besides, I thought it would class up the joint a little...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We were on our way to lower, but I nearly ran over two hang-gliders and got kicked out of the seat...apparently they would make for a VERY big bird strike.

I thought the music was fitting to the afternoon stroll we were taking through there...I'll save the Metallica for some low-level, missile-shooting,pirate hunting...

Besides, I thought it would class up the joint a little...

There's also a published low level route that goes right through there - opposite direction. That's a good way to smack into a Prowler/Growler, although they'd hopefully be a bit lower - still though. Were you guys just tooling around VFR?

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Music is from Donnie Darko.
That's funny ... I nicknamed one of my B/N's "Donnie Dark" .... and it stuck ... I suppose Darko must now be his professional name ... ??? :D

I wonder if I'm in line for any residuals ... ???

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
We chopped VFR just west of Spokane and dropped in over the flat section of WA south of the Grand Coulee...that was "thermal land" apparently...and worked up into the valley there at Chelan. It was really neat popping up over the mountains just south of Mt. Baker... can't wait to do it again on some DFW's up there...