• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3C Tour of Lake Chelan, WA

KBayDog

We chopped VFR just west of Spokane and dropped in over the flat section of WA south of the Grand Coulee...that was "thermal land" apparently...and worked up into the valley there at Chelan. It was really neat popping up over the mountains just south of Mt. Baker... can't wait to do it again on some DFW's up there...

Give me a call if/when you get to San Diego. If you think sightseeing at 2500' is a hoot, what until you see what we Rotorheads do for a living.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What's with all the flotation gear on people on a 4 engine airplane over land?

So your plan is that they reconfigure their gear every time they switch between overland and maritime flights? That makes sense. P-3s have ditched - several of them - four engines and all. I'm sure you just flew your bitchin' 46 around in jean shorts and T-shirt, right? Why don't you just STFU and go back to whatever hole it is that you crawled from.

Brett

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
So your plan is that they reconfigure their gear every time they switch between overland and maritime flights? That makes sense. P-3s have ditched - several of them - four engines and all. I'm sure you just flew your bitchin' 46 around in jean shorts and T-shirt, right? Why don't you just STFU and go back to whatever hole it is that you crawled from.Brett

Goddamn Brett..

not sure about the reason of impugning another winged aviator like you did...

at the risking your hellish wrath....take it down a notch.
I've done plenty of CCXs, (with the caveat of no major water) and we didn't wear Mae West's.....fucking squadron or Wing SOP....OR.. PPC or MC discretion...

Anyone that was in the seat had to have their SV-2 or Airsave vest on....
no way tube rats up in the flight station during taking pics have to be suited up unless over water. Brett, If I'm in contradiction of 3710, than a thousand apologies.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
So your plan is that they reconfigure their gear every time they switch between overland and maritime flights? That makes sense. P-3s have ditched - several of them - four engines and all. I'm sure you just flew your bitchin' 46 around in jean shorts and T-shirt, right? Why don't you just STFU and go back to whatever hole it is that you crawled from.

Brett

Jesus christ...who pissed in your wheaties?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ To both of you, this guy comes around every few months and spouts nonsense and bad gouge. He's essentially a troll with wings. Relax, he deserves it.

Brett

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
What's with all the flotation gear on people on a 4 engine airplane over land?

Hell, in the COD we'd put our SV-2 and helemt on 5 minutes before the trap and take them off 3 minutes after the cat. 95% of our overwater ops were in nothing more than our bag and headset.