• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One Fast Dude

xmid

pilot
Contributor
He also did 50 marathons, 50 days in 50 states this fall. and is on his way home from NY to Cali...RUNNING THE WHOLE WAY of course!

My dad ran the Georgia marathon of the 50 with him. Real cool guy. He's very capable of running a good marathon (sub 3 hours) but is more in to ultra distance. I believe he ran the New York sub 3 and beat Lance Armstrong. He called off running home around Thanksgiving I believe so that he could be with his family.

Sounds like a guy who doesn't get much sex.

Actually I think Dean was rated one of the sexiest men alive in womens sports illustrated... He has a hot wife and is the CEO of a health foods company. He's also been on Letterman, is a major spokesman for Northface, ran the first marathon to THE SOUTH POLE, and has competed in the Badwater numerous times.

The man is an animal and a great example for endurance racing. He's been working recently with the west coast SEAL teams as a consultant on nutrition and ultra endurance. I've run a marathon, but Dean makes that seem like a walk to the fridge.

badger16

None
My dad ran the Georgia marathon of the 50 with him. Real cool guy. He's very capable of running a good marathon (sub 3 hours) but is more in to ultra distance. I believe he ran the New York sub 3 and beat Lance Armstrong. He called off running home around Thanksgiving I believe so that he could be with his family.

Actually I think Dean was rated one of the sexiest men alive in womens sports illustrated... He has a hot wife and is the CEO of a health foods company. He's also been on Letterman, is a major spokesman for Northface, ran the first marathon to THE SOUTH POLE, and has competed in the Badwater numerous times.

The man is an animal and a great example for endurance racing. He's been working recently with the west coast SEAL teams as a consultant on nutrition and ultra endurance. I've run a marathon, but Dean makes that seem like a walk to the fridge.

yeah to train for ultra marathons he'd find marathons around 75 miles away...run to them...run the marathon...then run home.

@ snake - attention or not he is doing it for good reasons also. The 50,50,50 was to promote fitness in kids and to try and get them outdoors and active.

thull

yeah to train for ultra marathons he'd find marathons around 75 miles away...run to them...run the marathon...then run home.

So you start out on a 200 mile run. You're three miles into it. You're like "Man, I've got 197 miles to go. This sucks."

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
The "gonna run all day til the runnings done" cadence has to suck for this guy.

RogersSP

First off, Dean Karnazes is a freaking beast. I ran one of his 50 with him here in Baton Rouge. It was about 85 degrees and it didn't affect him. His average heart rate was about 110. He does all of his running for his charity, "Karno's Kids". I'm not quite up to running hundreds of miles yet, but i do 30-50 every now and again. And yes, it gets really boring...

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Sounds like a guy who doesn't get much sex.
forrest_gump.jpg

It worked for this guy...ok once...but he did some jogging.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Lance did a 2:59 NY marathon, and while very respectable that wasn't that fast. He was the first to say he has a whole new respect for runners. As far as sprinting, apples and oranges. A fast marathoner, which Dean is when he wants to be, runs at a normal persons 400 sprint pace for over 26 miles...

Wanabe Jarhead

Ryan Hall was in the same section and division as me for high school cross country. I saw him at the beginning of the race. You don't get to see it really well in that pic, but the guy is about 6 foot with like a 36 inch inseam. His legs are really long. He ran close to a 4 minute mile in high school. His home town is Big Bear California. His little brother is a rising distance phenomenon.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Ryan Hall??? Who is he??? Will Rogers never met Ryan Hall.

Do any of you boys know of Jim Ryun ???? Just an all-American boy.

Jim Ryun ... one of the greatest milers of all time, the last American to hold the world record in the mile.