• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One Fast Dude

thull

Just wanted to share this, if it's too unrelated go ahead and bag it, but this 24 year old WHITE AMERICAN kid (not Kenyan, mind you), Ryan Hall, just broke the American record for the half marathon, running it in under an hour at 59:44. That's 4:35 per mile for 13 miles. that's a 13:45 PFT run, over 4 times back to back. I need to start training harder..

http://www.flocasts.com/flotrack/houston.php

snake020

Contributor
My best mile time ever was 4:40... and then this guy does 13 in a row faster than that. That does wonders for ego...

thull

My best mile time ever was 4:40... and then this guy does 13 in a row faster than that. That does wonders for ego...

YEah, no shit right. And that was his AVERAGE pace. Some miles were slower, some were faster. AT one point, I think his sixth mile was a 4:28. When he starts doing marathons, I think he's got potential against the KEnyans. And he's got plenty of time, marathoners hit their peak around 30-34 yrs old.

Oh, by the way. The World Record for the half marathon? 58:55. Only 48 seconds faster.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
eh, he'd still get shin splints at OCS and have to write an essay for it.

Thats freaking fast though.

Reactions: E5B

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
A kid (16 or 17 years old)in orange county ran about 150 miles for charity in 2 days. His goal was 200 in 2 days but gave up due to foot pain. Isnt there a limit to what the body can do before it shuts down? I have heard of people dying after running marathons. I know Forrest Gump can run across the country multilple times but a 200 mile goal seems dangerous.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just wanted to share this, if it's too unrelated go ahead and bag it, but this 24 year old WHITE AMERICAN kid (not Kenyan, mind you), Ryan Hall, just broke the American record for the half marathon, running it in under an hour at 59:44. That's 4:35 per mile for 13 miles. that's a 13:45 PFT run, over 4 times back to back. I need to start training harder..

http://www.flocasts.com/flotrack/houston.php

Ummmm.......1- Who cares if he is white and 2- I don't think Kenyans can break an American record........:icon_roll

thull

Ummmm.......1- Who cares if he is white and 2- I don't think Kenyans can break an American record........:icon_roll

Ok, North American record is the official word. And it was previously held by a Mexican, so it's open in that regard. Has to be on American (North American) soil. As far as him being white - why'd they make a movie called "white men can't jump"? Well it so happens, in long distance running, with the exception of a few Morrocans the titles and records are usually swept by native Kenyans and Ethiopians. Not white American kids from California. Plain and simple - if you want to read derogatory racial slants into it, that's your perogative..;)

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
A kid (16 or 17 years old)in orange county ran about 150 miles for charity in 2 days. His goal was 200 in 2 days but gave up due to foot pain. Isnt there a limit to what the body can do before it shuts down? I have heard of people dying after running marathons. I know Forrest Gump can run across the country multilple times but a 200 mile goal seems dangerous.

Dean Karnazes has run over 300 miles without stopping. He's shooting to run 500 miles without stopping sometime this year, I believe. If I remember correctly, he ran as a kid, but stopped when he got older, then one night decided to go for a run, without any previous training. 30 miles later he stopped. The guy is a d@mn animal.

snake020

Contributor
Dean Karnazes has run over 300 miles without stopping. He's shooting to run 500 miles without stopping sometime this year, I believe. If I remember correctly, he ran as a kid, but stopped when he got older, then one night decided to go for a run, without any previous training. 30 miles later he stopped. The guy is a d@mn animal.

Running a marathon is toughness
Running 300-500 miles is being an attention whore.

Rasczak

Marine
glad someone brought him up. That dude is unbelievable. I don't think he's ever beaten any time records, I don't feel like checking. Either way. He's a focused individual.

thull

glad someone brought him up. That dude is unbelievable. I don't think he's ever beaten any time records, I don't feel like checking. Either way. He's a focused individual.

My biggest question is what is going to come of this guy as he ages. Knees weren't made to hold up to that kind of pounding. Nor was the body, or the digestion (processing 28,000 calories in two consecutive days of running? surprised he didn't crap out his liver and small intestine.) It's crazy. I see it almost less "impressive" and more of an experiment.

badger16

None

He also did 50 marathons, 50 days in 50 states this fall. and is on his way home from NY to Cali...RUNNING THE WHOLE WAY of course!