• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One Fast Dude

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Agree...Lance was never out to break any running records. anyone with experience in both cycling and running knows that the two sports are completely different and don't transfer over to eachother at all. climbers (ie mountain goats) on the bike can have success running and vice versa, but Armstrong was an overall monster on the bike. Also was running NYC with a stress fracture. Anyway, tons of respect for the guy. I'm sure he'll do better this coming year, but he'll never be in contention for a top spot in the marathon. I think at best he might go sub 2:50. triathlon though? lots of people hoping he returns to his triathlon roots, but he claims he's not interested..

His ex-wife wrote an article from her point of view about Lance's marathon in runners world that I thought was pretty cool. Reading about the pain he was in afterwards and the walking sideways up stairs and stuff was something I could relate to. Really made him seem like a normal dude. His ex-wife did say that he's thinking about some sprint triathlons, but doesn't want to have anything to do with an Ironman. Lance also said if he does another marathon he wants to train all out for it, unlike his here and there training for the previous one. I'd like to see what he could do. His VO2 max is identical to the current marathon world record holder...