• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Omega Z-33 Spacemaster

Pags

N/A
pilot
Omega's stated goal is to push into Rolex's price territory ($5k+) and their recent new offerings as well as straight up yearly price increases on old models reflects it. I'm a big fan of my Omegas (Speed Pro, X-33, and formally a Planet Ocean), and one of the reasons I was drawn to them was their more down to earth pricing for very quality pieces. Rolexes are nice watches, but at some point you are paying a premium for their branding over the actual quality.

This Z-33 is fugly, but Omega had some nice other pieces at Baselworld. The Planet Ocean reminded them they had good design roots, then they go about forgetting it...
Yeah, a speedmaster pro or a planet ocean are on my long term goals list. But if they get as $$$ as a rolex, then why not just get the rolex?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, a speedmaster pro or a planet ocean are on my long term goals list. But if they get as $$$ as a rolex, then why not just get the rolex?

For me at least, I've always thought Rolex as a "Look at me I have a lot of money" $2000 watch that retails for $5000. They had the brand cachè to pull it off. Your average guy doesn't know Omega, but those that do appreciate it.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Wow....these pictures truly capture the size of the beast. Why is the case so large for a quartz movement?

What do you think happens to this thing during an ejection? Maybe a parachute is packed inside the case.

omega_z33__baseworld_2012_1_0.jpg

omega_z33__baselworld_2012_1_0.jpg

Disregard my previous statements. That monstrosity is shiteous in real life.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I agree, Omega is the watch for people who know watches. They're high quality, great name and the price is reasonable like you said. I've got a Seamaster right now and love it. I'd definitely consider getting another one, however if their prices start creeping up, I'd change my mind.
We will have to agree to disagree on this one. Omega is a quality watch and a great buy for those with a lower budget, but there are other brands that are higher quality (and therefore more costly). I have two Omegas and I love them, but they are not in the same league with my Rolex and most of my Breitlings.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I've seen plenty of Breitlings and Rolexes and honestly, I don't think they're as great as others make them out to be. My Omega seems just as solid and quality as the other brands. Maybe it's the specific ones I've seen, but still.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Is there anybody out there who gets along with buying a $45.00USD quartz watch from Timex every few years? Anyone??

KBayDog

Is there anybody out there who gets along with buying a $45.00USD quartz watch from Timex every few years? Anyone??

$45? Too rich for my blood. Been rocking my $19.99 Ironman for three years now; it gets the job done.

Oh, and enough of the "timepiece" nonsense. It's a watch.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Everyone has their place they spend money. Don't hate me for liking a nice watch.