• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old school nintendo

Annalisa

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Old games are pretty much the reason I'm excited about the Nintendo Wii. It may have the most ridiculous name ever to hit console gaming, but the Virtual Console will let you buy and download games stretching back to the heady days of the Commodore 64. (Now, I'd be truly thrilled if they had some games from the TI-99 4/A, my very first computer... oh, the nostalgia and quite possibly the reason I wound up in comp sci. Alpiner, anyone?)

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
I had/have the power glove. Awesome technology, WAY ahead of it's time, which was bad. It was just far too pointless to strap it on, program it, get the sensors centered, then you basically can't move your arm even a few inches or it will register as a "move". Even just shifting your weight slighty was enough to throw the whole thing off. Why do all that when you could just pick up a controller with two-buttons and a d-pad? Plus trying to fight arm fatigue to play an 8-bit NES game is pretty lame.

The games on the NES were never designed for, nor never really benefited from using the powerglove, so it bombed. The game that came with it, powerball or something, was ok, but again, hard to control. Racing games worked the best though, programmed right it was as though you were actually steering the car.

Edit: Anyone here remember or still have ROB? The little robot guy that you could play with. My friend had it, and we used to play gyromite with it all the time, although it was kinda ridiculous

BigRed389

None
Old games are pretty much the reason I'm excited about the Nintendo Wii. It may have the most ridiculous name ever to hit console gaming, but the Virtual Console will let you buy and download games stretching back to the heady days of the Commodore 64. (Now, I'd be truly thrilled if they had some games from the TI-99 4/A, my very first computer... oh, the nostalgia and quite possibly the reason I wound up in comp sci. Alpiner, anyone?)

The new control system is pretty damn nifty too.

Could have console FPSs closing the control gap with PC FPS. The "gesture" control thing could be nice too.

Coldnavy

CTO1 to IW Officer
Free Video games

Does it have ..... *gasp* .... Space Invaders ???

A favorite @ the Kingsville O' Club ... circa 1970-71.

Do a search for SNES Roms on Google. You'll find an emulator and thousands of game. AND YES THEY HAVE SPACE INVADERS. If you have NMCI, you can even down load it to your computer at work and play there as well, not that I advocate it though.................................................

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do a search for SNES Roms on Google. You'll find an emulator and thousands of game. AND YES THEY HAVE SPACE INVADERS. If you have NMCI, you can even down load it to your computer at work and play there as well, not that I advocate it though.................................................

Downloading copyrighted material onto an NMCI computer... you're just asking for trouble.

Let's go download MP3s onto USNA computers while we're at it... oh wait.

snizo

Supply Officer
Hey - I would love to play Mario on my real SNES ... but I lost the power cable a few years ago =(